Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WinPwn 2.0 Released

Thanks

you've got to try everything possible for this to work. restart your computer, close every program that is ope nthat you do not need, end all useless processes. make sure you have the proper firmware for your iphone, create a new ipsw and pwn itunes with it then try to restore one more time. it will work, just keep trying
    I am not a jailbreak n00b
    I like to drink iPhoneahol...
    Circa 2008

Quote Originally Posted by UiK View Post
    Is anyone else getting this error?
    I have gotten Error 6, 1600. 1601, and 1602. Followed all the steps in the thread. Some people successfully get it to work, and some people are getting errors.

I know my iPhone has been in DFU mode.

Please advise.

Quote Originally Posted by xwinger View Post
    you've got to try everything possible for this to work. restart your computer, close every program that is ope nthat you do not need, end all useless processes. make sure you have the proper firmware for your iphone, create a new ipsw and pwn itunes with it then try to restore one more time. it will work, just keep trying
    I've spent hours working on this, with the same result, an error number.

Please advise.

I was having problems creating the custom firmware until I unticked Cydia and managed to build the firmware. I decided not to install the firmware since you miss out too much on the iphone by not having cydia on it! I think I'm gonna wait further until the creators of winpwn resolve this cydia thingie.

Quote Originally Posted by atuarre View Post
    I have gotten Error 6, 1600. 1601, and 1602. Followed all the steps in the thread. Some people successfully get it to work, and some people are getting errors.

I know my iPhone has been in DFU mode.

Please advise.
    At last GOT IT!

All you people getting error 1600, 1601 and 1602 that have created successfuly your custom fimrware all that is missing is to kill ituneshlp proccess, kill that process and try to restore again from custom ipws.

I followed Xwinger steps to create ipws file We are just missing to KILL ITUNESHLP PROCESS.

iPhone 8GB (originaly 1.1.2 OTB)
    Windows Vista Ultimate

Luck!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm trying to jailbreak my iTouch, not iPhone.. Does it really make a difference? I selected iPod11_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw, created a custom ipsw. Winpwn closes by itself after creating the customer firmware. Than I re-opened it, I had to select Browse .ipsw again so iPwner was available for selection. Than I pressed iPwner, browsed to my CUSTOM firmware and I got the 'You iTunes has been pwned' textbox. Still no luck restoring though. And yes, I am in DFU mode

iPhone? More like MyPhone Teh H4RrY's Avatar
    Thanks

Please answer me this. Doing this, will it clear my phone back to the brand new clean firmware? No installed apps? No ROMS etc?

Everytime you block a Developer's Ads...God kills a kitten...Change the "Hosts" file...Think of the kittens!

how is everybody doing on windows vista with jailbreaking 3G's?

I had so many errors using the first version of this software.

But the new version (2.0.0.2 - 1st gen iPhone) worked GREAT! First try without trouble... Thank you! Got Cydia and everything else working.

did you use vista or xp?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nico_swd View Post
    I had so many errors using the first version of this software.

But the new version (2.0.0.2 - 1st gen iPhone) worked GREAT! First try without trouble... Thank you! Got Cydia and everything else working.
    I really dont like being ignored. When you have done this. Was your phone wiped and put back to as if it were new?!

Everytime you block a Developer's Ads...God kills a kitten...Change the "Hosts" file...Think of the kittens!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

No one reply to Teh_H4RrY lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

yes it puts it back to an out of the box state, but hopefully you created a backup before you started this whole mess.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bluemax189 For This Useful Post:

Teh H4RrY (2008-07-25)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bluemax189 View Post
    yes it puts it back to an out of the box state, but hopefully you created a backup before you started this whole mess.
    Thank you. No i havnt started it i wanted to know. I will make a back up.

Smile Brilliant !!
    So far , works 100% !!
    my iPhone's firmware was 1.1.2, jailbroken, unlocked (with turbo sim)
    Windows XP SP2
    used winpwn 2.0.0.2
    didn't use custom logos
    no errors occured
    did ipwnr AFTER building ipsw
    successful restore, sync, downloading and installing apps from appstore, both from iTunes, and through iPhone itself
    email, GPRS, Cydia, youtube, all software work well
    WORKS FINE EVEN IF I DON'T USE TURBO SIM, WHICH I USED TO USE FOR MY VODAFONE UK SIM
    thank you guys for the hardwork

iPhone? More like MyPhone crouching's Avatar
    Thanks

I also want to mention that when I preformed the upgrade, I stopped all apple processes except iTunes and it completed successfully on Vista Ultimate.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to crouching For This Useful Post:

xwinger (2008-07-26)

Quote Originally Posted by Teh H4RrY View Post
    I really dont like being ignored. When you have done this. Was your phone wiped and put back to as if it were new?!
    This thread has like 14 pages, and I didn't read them all, lol.

Anyway, yes, everything I had is gone. Luckily I made backups of everything important.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nico_swd View Post
    This thread has like 14 pages, and I didn't read them all, lol.

Anyway, yes, everything I had is gone. Luckily I made backups of everything important.

So through back ups that would be? Contacts? Pictures? music? (all on my PC anyway) what about installer apps?

Quote Originally Posted by Teh H4RrY View Post
    So through back ups that would be? Contacts? Pictures? music? (all on my PC anyway) what about installer apps?
    Yeah, pics, contacts, SM themes, SMS messages, and calendar.

As for the installer apps (installer doesn't work yet on 2.0), I let them all go. I'll be able to reinstall the apps that'll be compatible with 2.0 once installer 4 is out.

I didn't restore the backups of the SMS messages and calendar yet, so I don't know if it'll work, but I guess there won't be a problem.

Anyone know why I cannot check anything in the ispw builder in the advanced section? It only lets me check activate phone and no wipe..

Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast