Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WinPwn 2.0 Released

iPhone? More like MyPhone rvance's Avatar
    Thanks

where is that folder located please????

iPhone? More like MyPhone rvance's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolkid13 View Post
    i was getting tht, then i think i deleted the contents of the device support folder and then itunes recognized it...

What folder are you talking about oldskoolkid and where can i find it??

Quote Originally Posted by diem0n View Post
    and now its just quit the WINPWN with no reason....
    Download the ipsw again and while thats going uninstall and reinstall Winpwn. Mine crashed a couple times and that worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by pfcfury View Post
    AT&T has been PWND!

AT&T users check these settings.

check Cydia only

add boot images if you like

uncheck activate phone

make sure you are using iPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Restore and NOT iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore

I made that mistake

Build your IPSW then pwn with the custom one (i saved mine to desktop)

you should have itunes open during whole process

Itunes should close now

open Itunes

Set phone in DFU

Restore with Custom-iPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Restore

If you get error 6 like 3 times keep trying it will eventually work

and BAM its PWND!!!

keep it plugged in your iphone will now reboot and activate over itunes.

ENJOY
    i downloaded f/w iPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Restore and winpwn said it was an unknown file? so i was going to download iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore but then i read this and it says not to so now im confused? and i wouldnt mind just downloading it to try but i have hughes net its slow and i have to wait till 2am because it has a 200mb download limit (except from 2am-5am) so some advice would be awesome
    p.s im running a fairly new dell xps m1530 w/ vista,itunes 7, and im pretty sure a fully deleted older winpwn version
    Last edited by howlett15; 2008-07-25 at 08:09 AM.

Thanks

YES IT FINALLY WORKED!!! i had to upgrade to 2.0 which locked my iphone, then put it in DFU or whatever and then restored to custom. i will post some pics

Just a suggestion, but I think this topic should be split into original iPhone and 3G just to make things a bit clearer since the process is a little different for each phone.

Here's my experience...3G phone with AT&T, followed the general instructions...only checked Cydia, and the Pwn logos and No Wipe (which didn't seem to do anything) and unchecked Activate. Worked great...iTunes restored the phone with the Custom psw (shift+restore)....then it propmted me to restore from my previous backup. Just a tip...I thought I had done a complete sync with backup tonight but the backup showed that it was from 3 days ago. So I guess iTunes doesn't always do a backup on every sync.

My contacts and email come from MobileMe sync...the email came almost instantly but I'm still waiting for the contacts to be synced.

cheers,

Joe
    MacBook, MacMini, PC, Averetec Laptop, iPhone 3G

Quote Originally Posted by howlett15 View Post
    i downloaded f/w iPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Restore and winpwn said it was an unknown file? so i was going to download iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore but then i read this and it says not to so now im confused? and i wouldnt mind just downloading it to try but i have hughes net its slow and i have to wait till 2am because it has a 200mb download limit (except from 2am-5am) so some advice would be awesome
    p.s im running a fairly new dell xps m1530 w/ vista,itunes 7, and im pretty sure a fully deleted older winpwn version
    iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw is what I used and I've got 2.0 up and running on my phone.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to IXinchnail For This Useful Post:

howlett15 (2008-07-25)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rvlyssup View Post
    Use this tutorial: iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your 2.0 3G iPhone (Windows)
    or
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.0 2G iPhone (Windows) depending on your model. (2G / 3G)

If you have a legit AT&T, (w/contract) do not check the activate youtube box.

If on any other (including a non-iPhone AT&T plan, pay-as-you-go, T-Mo, etc) check the activate youtube box.

Uninstall WinPwn 1.0 before installing WinPwn 2.0.

Install / Upgrade to iTunes 7.7 and restart your PC.

Start pwning.
    Thanks for the quick response but I continue receiving the 1604 error from itunes.

Quote Originally Posted by IXinchnail View Post
    iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw is what I used and I've got 2.0 up and running on my phone.
    ok thanks...now only 40 min. and a couple mt.dews before its 2am and i can try it lol

Thanks

Ok so if you get the errors when restoring just click restore and then iTunes will

say "restore and update" and you click yes.

iTunes then installs 2.0 to you officially and if you are currently unlocked, it will lock again.

Then you just hold sleep and home until iphone shuts off, then immediately release sleep button and hold home button for about

15-30 seconds until itunes recognizes the phone but the iphone screen stays black.

Then hold shift and click restore to your custom firmware that you made. It should now work

just fine.

This is what my cfw is made up of

Another thing I did was close iTunes helper, and all other Apple programs, except itunes.

DON'T BLAME ME IF IT MESSES UP
    Last edited by xwinger; 2008-07-25 at 10:21 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to xwinger For This Useful Post:

crouching (2008-07-25)

Hi.
    I have first Gen Iphone and upgraded to 2.0
    I followed all the steps for unlock and I keep getting cannot restore. error (6).
    What can I do please.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xwinger View Post
    Ok so if you get the errors when restoring just click restore and then iTunes will

say "restore and update" and you click yes.

iTunes then installs 2.0 to you officially and if you are currently unlocked, it will lock again.

Then you just hold sleep and home until iphone shuts off, then immediately release sleep button and hold home button for about

15-30 seconds until itunes recognizes the phone but the iphone screen stays black.

Then hold shift and click restore to your custom firmware that you made. It should now work

just fine.

Another thing I did was close iTunes helper, and all other Apple programs, except itunes.

Thanks but if I do that I and doesnt funtion I will be locked until i see where is the mistake. I prefered to use 1.1.4. Now Itunes brings error 1601 :S

iPhone? More like MyPhone crouching's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ggolow View Post
    Thanks but if I do that I and doesnt funtion I will be locked until i see where is the mistake. I prefered to use 1.1.4. Now Itunes brings error 1601 :S
    same here, got error 1601

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eric40k View Post
    Hi.
    I have first Gen Iphone and upgraded to 2.0
    I followed all the steps for unlock and I keep getting cannot restore. error (6).
    What can I do please.
    Perfect question.. I have 2 of 3 iphones unlocked. The only successful pwnage is the two that had 1.4 installed. (which took all day) This 2.0 wont kick out of DFU to restore it just goes on in sequence 1600 then tweak it 1601 and then 1602 so on and so on. winpwn still crashes in vista for me but miracally the others even through the crashes managed to work eventually.

Hey guys, hopefully you can help me out. I jailbreaked and unlocked (using WinPwn) my girlfriend's iPhone to 2.0, now she hates it, she is mad at me. She wants to have her iPhone back to how it was, with all the apps.

Do i just restore normally (and then use the older WinPwn to jailbreak/unlock) or do i need to do any special thing?

Remember that it did the Bootneuter and all that stuff.

Thanks in advance

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ggolow View Post
    Well, I just risked it cuz I have an LG Shine just in case my iPhone gets locked or breaks so I wasn't too worried about it perma-locking. Anyways, the way I did it worked. I got every single 16xx error and the 6 error until I tried it this way.
    I am not a jailbreak n00b
    I like to drink iPhoneahol...
    Circa 2008

so here's my story.

downloaded winpwn 2.0.0.2
    download the ipsw firmware (make sure you download the right one, 2g and 3g have different fw)
    update itunes to 7.7

***i'm running 2.0 jailed with several apps downloaded***

for the whole process, i had my iphone plugged in while itunes is open.

1.open winpwn.
    2. click "browse .ipsw"
    search for the .ipsw you downloaded
    3. click "build .ipsw"
    i only checked "install cydia" and unchecked "activate" because i only wanted to jailbreak
    once finished, click "build" at bottom right
    4. winpwn will build the custom ipsw. it will take a while.
    5. click "ipwner" and search for the custom ipsw you made (i saved mine on my desktop)
    6. winpwn will kill/shutdown itunes and will confirm that itunes has been pwned
    7. open itunes and wait for it to recognize your iphone
    8. put iphone into DFU mode. when i did it to mine, there were no messages stating that my phone went into DFU mode but my screen remained black so i had no choice but to restore.
    9. shift/restore and search for the custom firmware you made.
    10. let itunes do its thing. it will stay at the "preparing iphone software for restore" for about 5-6 minutes. the whole process took me 10-12 minutes.
    11. restore your backup and voila! you pwned your iphone!
    Blah Blah and Blah

21. The Following User Says Thank You to jvallesteros For This Useful Post:

crouching (2008-07-25)

Get the new version of WinPwn - Ikept on getting the 1601 error with the last version. Installed the new version and now I have a lovely unlocked 2.0 iphone!!!!!

Default No Edge
    Hey, incase you had the same problem as me. If you have AT&T and you jailbroke your phone and had no service. All you have to do is make sure you don't have anything checked in the advanced tab. That means uncheck Activate phone. It will do that for you after you install the custom firmware. So to sum it up all you need to do is check Install Cydia and/or custom boot images if you choose, nothing else.

Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast