Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WinPwn 2.0 Released

After 8 hours trying to get it working on Vista, I can confirm I got all errors repoted so far on Vista, I used 3 laptops all on Vista ultimate all with no luck, I then remembered I had other 2 old laptops still on XPsp2...... yes you guessed it right, it worked on the first try.

Please do not waste you time using Vista.

Green Apple
    Thanks

now all you users also have to remember, deleting everything itunes related also deletes out your backup. not the biggest deal, but you'll have to redownload all your apps, redo your emails, all your settings, wifi passwords, home screen layout, and basically every setting possible. All of that is stored in your backup.

now obviously the contacts are the biggest deal, they'll be there in the end of all this, but this is one of the many ways i unsuccessfully tried, it didnt work for me. im done for the day on this. More attempts tomorrow on the work computers i guess.

I keep getting an Unknown Error.

i think this site will help how to unlock iphone in detailed

Click here

Default XP and 2.0.0.2 and no luck at all
    First I tried the 2.0.0.1 and it went well until it started rebuilding root filesystem. After a long time the app closed and only a 1 kb custom built.
    After with the 2.0.0.2 it goes all fine until the rebuilding also but after a while it says "Failed to create custom IPSW! do you want to close the IPSW builder ?".
    Is there a way to get a custom already built, settle in the directory where all other files are, and afterward start from the Ipwner step on ?
    What does it take to work flawless ?

Yes i'm holding both buttons at the same time, i get the itunes box and the USB connector picture

Default XP and 2.0.0.2 and no luck at all
    This is the log I get whether it may be of any help to understand what is happenning:

winpwn ver.:2.0.0.2 starting
    =========================================
    Log: This is winpwn ver.:2.0.0.2 RC1
    Log: Apple Mobile Device Support Version 2.0.0.33 installed.
    Catalog loader started
    Failed to load Catalog http://www.winpwn.com/resources/cata...ogos/logos.xml, reason The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
    Log: File from:CDocuments and Settings\JJ\Desktop\Iphone upgrade 2.0\iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw
    Log: Recognized as:iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw Type: IPSW_iPhone
    Log: Failed to load image catalog
    Log: Be sure to connect an iPhone!
    Failed to load Catalog http://www.winpwn.com/resources/cata...s/payloads.xml, reason The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
    Log: Failed to load payload catalog
    Catalog loader finished
    Activate
    Downgrading 3.9
    Enable baseband update
    Delete BootNeuter
    Unlock baseband
    Disable baseband update
    Log: Preparing ipsw file.
    Log: Starting IPSW building
    Log: Found Bootloader 3.9
    Log: Found Bootloader 4.6
    Log: Extracting Root Filesystem
    Log: Growing Root Filesystem
    Log: Replacing Kernel
    Log: Applying patch fstab.patch
    Log: Applying patch Services.plist.patch
    Log: Applying patch lockdownd.patch
    Log: Adding package BootNeuter.ta
    Log: Adding package Cydia.ta
    Log: Adding package YoutubeActivation.ta
    Log: Rebuilding Root FileSystem (This will take a while)
    IpswBuilderThread aborted
    Log: IPSW creation failed!
    winpwn ver.:2.0.0.2 stopping
    =========================================

I'd appreciate any help. tks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sorry but Im new at all this..
    how do I add or find the 2.0 firmware to find it in winpwn? all it says is browse ipsw but i cant find nothing

Anyone have problems with SIM contacts disappearing? I managed to v2.0.0.2 to work successfully, but went back to call a friend & found that ALL of my contacts are GONE!

WTF? Can someone enlighten me as to what happened here?
    Last edited by 1badc10; 2008-07-25 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fearcevill View Post
    Sorry but Im new at all this..
    how do I add or find the 2.0 firmware to find it in winpwn? all it says is browse ipsw but i cant find nothing
    u need to download 2.0 firmware from first post of this thread or use tutorial that is in my Signature

Thumbs up It worked with the XP!!!
    After 24hrs of hell and try to get all install and reinstalled I realized that my gf has a laptop that runs XP. So I installed iTunes 7.7, WinPwn 2.0.2, and the orig 2.0 iPhone fwr. on her laptop.

I used WinPwn to make the custom ipsw and after I iPwn iTunes, I went and got my iPhone (1st gen) into DFU mode.

I Shift and Restored with custom ipsw and it's working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't belive I had to try so many times and not even thinking that maybe its my stupid Vista Laptop! And my gf's laptop was seating right next to me the entire day!!!

Anyway, XP ROCKS and WinPwn Rocks!!
    RaMod!
    If I helped you out, please press ... thanks!

=The iPhone?!...wait!...what happened!?=

Quote Originally Posted by RaMod View Post
    After 24hrs of hell and try to get all install and reinstalled I realized that my gf has a laptop that runs XP. So I installed iTunes 7.7, WinPwn 2.0.2, and the orig 2.0 iPhone fwr. on her laptop.

I used WinPwn to make the custom ipsw and after I iPwn iTunes, I went and got my iPhone (1st gen) into DFU mode.

I Shift and Restored with custom ipsw and it's working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't belive I had to try so many times and not even thinking that maybe its my stupid Vista Laptop! And my gf's laptop was seating right next to me the entire day!!!

Anyway, XP ROCKS and WinPwn Rocks!!
    Enjoy man

same thing happen but i did in the vista

Is anyone having problems with Contacts being brought over?

Thanks

I havens tried this yet because I'm waiting for Customize but after reading this thread I had a thought. When I used the old winpwn on 1.1.4 I remember having a bunch if iTunes errors when I tried to restore with my custom firmware. What I finally figured out was I had downloaded the stock ipsw from a mirror somewhere. I decided to just let iTunes download the firmware. I then made my custom ipsw from that xnd never had a problem.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bijju View Post
    u need to download 2.0 firmware from first post of this thread or use tutorial that is in my Signature
    Thanks, I was so lost haha. Im not enen at the hard part yet haha

Quote Originally Posted by 1badc10 View Post
    Is anyone having problems with Contacts being brought over?
    Not Really

After attempting just to build a custom IPSW and having the XP error due to Cyndia I decided to wait until 2.0.0.2 to be released.

With 2.0.0.2 I had no problems building the custom IPSW. I am a legit ATT customer, so all I had checked was Cyndia... no need for anything else.

I am happy to say it worked perfectly. No issues getting the phone into DFU mode, windows/itunes picked it up quickly and allowed me to use the custom IPSW I created. I am up and running with no issues!

Thanks to the Dev team for their hard work and MMI for a central place for all the info anyone could want!

Everytime i do it it seems that it doesn't activate my phone because i have no service. I checked the activate box when creating the custome file. I'm not sure what's going on. If you have any ideas i would be very happy to her them... Thanks in advance.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i had previously pwned on my brothers mac, but wanted to try this so... got winpwn 2.0.0.2, got the firmware, i built a ipsw with custom boot image, install cydia, no activation, i put no wipe, but don't know what it does... anyways after building it, i clicked ipwn, found my custom ipsw, pwned my itunes... put my phone in dfu and pwned it on windows... works just the same as mac.... mac is WAY easier... but thanks to everyone who worked on this, you guys the best...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

ok!! I DO NOT KNOW how this just happened however, I have been working on my phone (1st gen.) Since 1:30. I started with the 1st version of winpwn on Vista. every which way rhyme or reason I tried and tried. To no avail. Ok so i tried on XP again and again over and over uninstalling re install.. anyway the works!!! Then new version. Same Story, right? well yes from 30 minutes after its release till now I could not do it. Then I pwn 1.1.4 on vista pc, and still nope.. nada. I tried everything above plus a little creativity, kept crashing on vista pc, freezing on XP pc. Everything was by the book trust me guys!!!!!!! nothing... then I downloaded a custom file made 2 days ago from pirate bay I dont want to link to a torrent site but you get the idea. Anyway get that downloaded fire it up in winpwn, then try to ipwn itunes well you guessed it Crash City. Ok so then screw it DFU, Shift+Restore custom file, Line 1601, 1604 a couple times. Then The GOLDEN WIFE comes along frustrated that Im frustrated so on and so on. She wants hers done too and I have another phone to do after that. Plus 2 more soon for friends. I put it in Restore Mode, Yes Restore. Not DFU and shift+restore with custom above said file. and it went through the routine and before I knew it it was loading software then firmware so and so on I just finished setting up the phone it is hot on Tmobile as we speak. Cydia is working well. UNREAL!!!!!!! Guys I hope this helps, and I will be up all night trying to do 2 more phones.

Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast