Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage 2.0 Full Guide w/Pics Up

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lillewis51 View Post
    no service after jailbreak. can you help me?
    did you click activate phone? if you did that and you have att thats y u have no service.... you have to let itunes activate it.. hope that helps

Can someone make an iPod guide?
    umm hi?

Thanks for guide PF got my 1st Gen done and setup with MobileMe works like a charm. Was a bit trickkie to get the DAMN thing in DFU mode but got eventually.

Cheers Mattie + the Dev Team you Good Stuff.

PS . Can't Wait until Installer is working ok

Hi guys,

I am new in this PWANGE tool, I was using other method to unlock or jailbreak my iphone... So one question if some user of MAC can make a IPS file of the 2.o and share with a user of Windows, the user of windows can use this IPS file to upload to his iphone in a PC ?

Thanks in advance

Another one here, PWNage just bounces on the dock for me.

OSX 10.5.4, both Intel and PPC

Any solution yet?

WAIT, here ya go.

http://www.iphonealley.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7392

Basically, (1) Launch pwnage tool, (2) open activity monitor, (3) find process "ps" under all processes, (4) KILL IT.

Worked!
    Last edited by flatusboy; 2008-07-20 at 11:28 PM. Reason: r

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

CAN SOMEONE HELP.
    I have windows 7.7 itunes and for some reason it wont let me restore from backup or start a new one. i can see its reading the phone but theres no option to select it. I was fine before i got the 2.0 unlocked on a friends computer and the phone runs perfect.

PLEASE HELP

Quote Originally Posted by ponchovarela View Post
    Hi guys,

I am new in this PWANGE tool, I was using other method to unlock or jailbreak my iphone... So one question if some user of MAC can make a IPS file of the 2.o and share with a user of Windows, the user of windows can use this IPS file to upload to his iphone in a PC ?

Thanks in advance
    This is what I am wondering myself. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Quote Originally Posted by second_2_nun View Post
    Ok so what is the point of jailbreaking the iphone 3g?? I'm a newb to this jailbreak stuff I know you can run alot of custom apps etc someone please chime in about what the pwnage is?
    Jailbreaking your phone will allow you to customize your phone and change the icons plus put unauthorized apps on your phone

Quote Originally Posted by thegeek View Post
    One major reason to jailbreaking the 3G iPhone, would be to tether it as a modem to the laptop, and achieve surfable 3g speeds!!!!
    No you cant tether the iphone

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Yes it is.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

[quote=svd21;1549781]I finally got it to work!!!

... Ok, first off, if u read my post, i was right about DFU mode and Restore mode. They are two different modes... and this is why some people are getting the error 6 message. It is not due to a hardware issue with the ports as some people are saying because i tried all my ports. It's because my phone was in the wrong mode.

error 6 is because the phone is in restore mode and not DFU... The screen has to be completly black and u will not see anything.

Well glad that that worked but according to the apple support site and apple care an error 6 ALSO happens when a usb port in not functioning right

Quote Originally Posted by Krazedkid1221 View Post
    Can someone make an iPod guide?
    It is basically the same as the iphone you just dont have to worry about basebands and unlocking
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2008-07-20 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i updat my old iphone 1.4 to 2.0 and now its locked and i can't use it with T-mobile carrier. is there any way that i can unlock it and use my T-mobile sim ???

Thanks
    I just thought I'd add that if your iPhone has been pwned with WinPwn on a PC then you can use a custom firmware that was built by the Pwnage Tool for Mac OS X. I used my friends Mac to create the .ipsw file and then restored my phone using iTunes on his Mac and everything worked fine. At no point did I have to pwn my phone because I had already done so using WinPwn, back when I was using 1.1.4.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cates044 View Post
    This is what I am wondering myself. Does anyone know if this is possible?
    Yes!!

This should get you started - it worked for me.
    Welcome:: #iphone - irc.iunlocked.org

Talk about putting Themes on the iPhone the old skool way huh.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to y0haan For This Useful Post:

cates044 (2008-07-21)

iPhone? More like MyPhone timbo's Avatar
    Thanks

no dice it. It just goes right to a screen that says Failed to go goto DFU and and an option to quit or start over
    Thanks,

Timbo

Is process reversible by simply doing a regular iTunes restore? Just curious. Thanks!

Things I had to do:

ATT users: under "General" in Pwnage Tools you have to uncheck "activate." Then iTunes will activate your iphone properly during the restore process.

I had to make a "Device Support" folder in Library/Itunes for DFU mode to work.

Delete Pwnage Tools and reinstall if bootloader files are not being loaded.
    Last edited by pnmd; 2008-07-21 at 03:09 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flatusboy View Post
    Another one here, PWNage just bounces on the dock for me.

OSX 10.5.4, both Intel and PPC

Any solution yet?

WAIT, here ya go.

Official "Pwnage Tool 2.0 Wont Launch" thread - iPhone Alley Forums

Basically, (1) Launch pwnage tool, (2) open activity monitor, (3) find process "ps" under all processes, (4) KILL IT.

Worked!
    For people who are curious about what "ps" is it's a UNIX command to list process status (hence "ps"). It is sometimes used in scripts and apps to determine if a particular process is running or not. My guess is that pwnage tool is looking for a particular process to be running before it starts. Probably it's looking for iTunes? For people having this problem does it matter if iTunes is running or not?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi there i am following all the steps correctly and got this working on my brother's iphone first but now doing mine and it keeps giving me Unknown Error (1) when i come to load the custom firmware file, any one have any idea what the reason for this is and how to fix it?

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast