Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage 2.0 Released - 3G/2.0 is Jailbroke!

thank you very much dev team, this is beautiful!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by martyotaku View Post
    ok after all the rebooting i put cozmos custom 3g firmware and it work!! but i have no att service help please!!!
    Did iTunes activate your phone? cause if not, that's your problem. Anyway how did you manage to use cozmos custom 3g firmware cause everytime I try I get error 1601, 1602 or 6 from iTunes.

as per my post before, my push emails using mobile me does not work.

anyone know?

WoW + iPhone = Powned.

Well, bummer. There was a cydia update (5 apps, I think) and it has frozen my iPhone. Can't shut it off or anything. It's been spinning for 15 minutes saying it's preparing to install sqlite3, but no progress. May have to wait until the battery runs down.

EDIT: I did a forced shut-down and rebooted. Everything then installed properly. Must have just been a hiccup of some kind.
    Last edited by Cave Man; 2008-07-20 at 11:23 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Not sure if this has been posted but for any iPhone 3G owners with Windows that have been unable to jailbreak their phones BigBoss has put up a guide that worked for me just check out his website sleepers.net/news

iPhone? More like MyPhone Daerid's Avatar
    Thanks

Tried, both with bootneuter and w/o. AT&T does not work w/ the jailbreak (didnt want it unlocked).

Not sure what the issue is...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

CAN SOMEONE HELP.
    I have windows 7.7 itunes and for some reason it wont let me restore from backup or start a new one. i can see its reading the phone but theres no option to select it. I was fine before i got the 2.0 unlocked on a friends computer and the phone runs perfect.

PLEASE HELP

Quote Originally Posted by basketballguy743 View Post
    im uploading my itouch 2.0 custom firmware at the moment,
    i don't know if many people need the itouch one
    but ill just do it just in case
    Uploading where? I'm one of the few with a Touch. PM me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default New Pwnage Tool Problem
    Is this new program only for Intel Macs? When I try to load it on my PPC iMac the icon just bounces for a while then stops and does nothing. I can't get any application window to open to start the jailbreak. Anyone else having this issue?

Hello i need help i everytime i hit restore my iphone after the installation is finish to get my contacts the phone wont come back on all i get is a pineapple and that is it. Can some one HELP me PLEASE

ok itunes reads my phone and it has all the music on it but the phone wont come bacl on it stock on the pineapple and it keeps vibrating every few sec.
    Last edited by fvargasfrank; 2008-07-21 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by ronsantis View Post
    when do you think it will be released for pc?
    IT IS>>>Follow these instructions:
    Welcome:: #iphone - irc.iunlocked.org

Just an FYI...

I got my iPhone 3G @ 8am the day it was released. I plugged it into iTunes and it told me there was an update available. After the update, my Mail app did not work. It would just bounce me back to the home screen. This was before any backups were restored. I tried adding a new account, but even after that, my mail settings still said I had no accounts. I ended up having to restore 3 times before Mail started working. Now I know that this doesn't help anybody with their Mail app crashing, but I just wanted to clear the Dev Team's good name and clarify that this has nothing to do with the Pwnage Tool because I experienced this from day one.

The way I fixed my Mail (after the pwnage) was to copy my backed up files from my 1st gen iPhone to my 3G (under /var/mobile/Library/Mail). It took it a second to catch up, but all of my accounts are there and functioning properly now. Hopefully everyone that upgraded from a 1st gen to a 3G had their other one modded and SSH'd in and backed up important stuff like Mail settings and .db files. If not, try renaming the Mail folder in /var/mobile/Library as previously suggested and hopefully Mail will work.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I Unlocked and Jailbroke my 1st gen iPhone and loaded cydia properly, when i open Cydia now it is always saying ... Downloading Release, and then at times it just times out, and it is very slow on loading the home screen etc.

anyone else have this problem..

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

edit: 2.0.1 is released now, with the following changes:

* It auto-finds the bl39 and bl46 files better, if they’re on your computer
    * It creates the ~/Library/iTunes/Device Support/ folder if not present, which should help with some 1600 errors people have been having.
    * Many people have reported the PwnageTool not starting up at all (the icon never stops bouncing). This issue should be resolved now.
    * The Sparkle AppCast URL is fixed in this version, so automatic updates should work for future releases.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Default No Joy for the apple store apps.
    I have not experienced the issues many are writing about as they relate to jailbreaking 3G; however, I am unable to use any of the app. store applications. Has anyone else had this issue? My Jailbreak went off without a hitch and cydia is operating properly, but every time I attempt to launch one of the apple apps. they crash and revert me back to the home screen. Please let me know if you have a recommendation for this situation.

I have downloaded several apps from the app store without any problems. As far as I can tell, my iPhone is fully functional. Thanks again to the dev team for their efforts.

...must have for windows!...

Default App. Store Apps.
    A quick delete and re-install seems to have cured this? Guess I'll wait to see if they hold. Time to move on to Tethering... may be a bit useful with 3G.

new here, i've downloaded the program, but i can not seem to open the program

successfully on 2.0F/W but how do i edit my edge setting, I cannot browse or access my email through edge. I'm in Canada btw using the fido setting for edge. it was working om 1.1.4.

Thanks

Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast