Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage 2.0 Released - 3G/2.0 is Jailbroke!

Quote Originally Posted by kingcha View Post
    im trying to do this to my 3g phone at the beginning it keeps saying it cant find the bundle package. I know this is probally a stupid question but can someone please help me
    I am having the same problems.

Well, I am far from an expert and after a lot of lurking and learning from this forum, I thought I share some of my experiences with upgrading to 2.0.

Firstly, what I started with -

*1st generation iphone (non -3G)
    *1.1.4 (Unlocked and jailbroken with Ziphone 2.5b)
    *Using purely a PC -Vista to be precise (I do not own a Mac)
    *Downloaded version of Cosmo's 2.0 custom IPSW (freshly pwn'd) - Thanks btw Cosmo LINK

So, after reading a LOT on this thread and the guide, I decided to have a shot. I decided the safest step to take was to winpwn a 1.1.4 - Using this tutorial LINK and restore that pwn'd firmware first. I don't know if this makes a difference but I chose to use baseband 4.6.

Once that was restored, I made sure I had all my services, wifi etc... and that was all functional. This way, I could rule out if there was a problem with winpwn or 2.0.

This is where it got interesting, I placed my phone into DFU mode and tried to shift +restore Cosmo's ipsw file. It did it's thing then came up with error 1601. I did it again, and again - all the while getting different errors (1600, 1601, 1602, 1607).

This is when I decided to try shift+restore whilst the phone was in restore mode and not DFU (ie the screen showed the pic of the cable and itunes logo). This worked immediately!

Once again, I don't know if this was simply luck or perhaps something which works on Windows only but it worked for me. I hope this helps anyone frustrated with errors or confused (as I was). If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Darren

Quote Originally Posted by jmcallister View Post
    Working Windows OS Users guide:

Index of /pwned
    Works!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PNXRMX View Post
    Works!
    I have a 3g iphone on vista, is it possible to work for me? I don't understand what to do with the iphone3g package from the site

Hey guys, just ran cosmoLV's restore ( 1st Gen iPhone from 1.1.4 to 2.0) file and it worked flawlessly!!!!

Thanks heaps, mate!!!!

im getting the same failed to enter dfu mode no matter what I do....I guess we will have to wait for some more support. Pity I was so excited to upgrade to 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by nashlib View Post
    hi

thanks...

when i run the pwg tool it says bootloader v3.9 not found so idownloaded it now what do i do

how do i install bootloader

please help - stuck
    Follow the prompts after you down load them it should ask you to look for them

Quote Originally Posted by bts0uth View Post
    I have a 3g iphone on vista, is it possible to work for me? I don't understand what to do with the iphone3g package from the site
    Not yet, the dev team will need to release the windows version
    Last edited by coreym@cfl.rr.com; 2008-07-20 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone techgirl's Avatar
    Thanks

Not activated. Finally got through the process, but can't get the phone activated. I have tried five times, a couple times unlocking, a couple times just jailbreaking. Going crazy! Can someone help me? And can someone please just post a Rapidshare of Cosmo's custom, I can't wait 7 hours for it to download. Thanks

Techgirl at your service... Modding MyPhone since Day 1!

AIM: lindseycholmes
    Facebook: lindseycholmes

Does anyone know how to add repos/sources to cydia? I've only used installer and I'm not sure what file to edit.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PNXRMX View Post
    Works!
    Quote Originally Posted by bts0uth View Post

you guys need to get something very clear if you used that guide for the 3g IPHONE and it work great great but I should let you know that the firmware that cosmos uploaded is only for the 2G iphone the 3G iphone firmware is

iPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Restore

so I would suggest for everyone to wait till someone uploads a 3G custom firmware before trying that or for winpwn to get released

Thanks

i want a windows version and installer otherwords i aint interested

Someone please upload a 3G custom firmware.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

Quote Originally Posted by csta View Post
    i want a windows version and installer otherwords i aint interested
    I agree with you I to will wiat for winpwn 2.0 and for installer to be working and most apps working to before I jailbreak my iphone I really do not see any point to do it now

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybird1977 View Post
    Someone please upload a 3G custom firmware.
    cosmo already did around page 18 of this thread

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    Finally i am doing back flips i feel like chris brown i'm pop lockin and shi......
    but wut about Installer?

Quote Originally Posted by basketballguy743 View Post
    cosmo already did around page 18 of this thread
    I already read through the thread. I only found a 1st gen firware on his FTP. Did he upload it somewhere else?
    Dirty as I wanna be!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Works like a hot knife thru butter! Dev Team ROCKS!
    Thank you!!!!!!!!!

So, I messed up big time. After trying pwnage 2.0 I've got my iphone in DFU mode and i can't restore it with the costum firmware or the official ones (tried 1.1.4 and 2.0). I get the error 1601.

What can i do to solve this? Or is it unsolvable?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I already read through the thread. I only found a 1st gen firware on his FTP. Did he upload it somewhere else?
    Not sure where but it's in there I think between 8 and 10 but don't worry about downloading it cause I don't think anyone has gotten it to work, itunes keeps giving Error 1601 or 1602. You'll probably be better waiting till winpwn is released.

Quote Originally Posted by zahavi View Post
    So, I messed up big time. After trying pwnage 2.0 I've got my iphone in DFU mode and i can't restore it with the costum firmware or the official ones (tried 1.1.4 and 2.0). I get the error 1601.

What can i do to solve this? Or is it unsolvable?
    Hold the home button and the sleep/wake button at the same time, the apple logo should pop up after about 10-15 seconds.
    Last edited by crizzle09; 2008-07-20 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

im pretty sure the one on the***bay.org is 3g, it said so in his post

heres the post

Quote Originally Posted by cosmoLV View Post
    Download Custom firmware it already pached, nothing different, just Restore with iTunes and tahts all

Hey don't ask stupid questions (What i need to do with this custom firmware?) Restore it!!! - thats all...

There is Custom Firmware for iPhone 3G Take it if you like

Before restore put phone in DFU Mode, DFU
    Read forums how to put in DFU mode!!!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to basketballguy743 For This Useful Post:

dirtybird1977 (2008-07-20)

Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast