Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage 2.0 Released - 3G/2.0 is Jailbroke!

@sp00nfedem1's

If your phone has laready been pwned then all you have to do is restore using the custom FW that Cosmo upped You dont have to load the FW in to winpwn atall

m-klass I have the 1-s iphone,not 3g.Before i was using 1.1.4 with ziphone.I read in the dev team blog that a guy had the same config and his iphone was fine now so I just followed his steps but it didnt work for me.Here is what he wrote:

1. I upgraded to Itunes 7.7
    2. Connected my iphone. It deteced the iphone and asked for an upgrade, I just cliked download only. This is how I got the original firmware form apple Then disconnected iphone just after the download started.
    3. Before opening the pwnagetool I put my iphone in dfu mode. I tried at least 4 times to do that. The trick was to hold down the power and home botton wait until it restarts. Then pluck it into the dock wait for ten seconds during the apple logo and then release it . It is totally black but itunes recognized it as in recovery. This is the dfu we need.
    4. I did not choose the expert mode. Chosed iphone 1g . It had found the restore firmware that itunes had already downloaded. Asked me for the bootloaders. I browsed both of them respectively and then it created the custom ipws.
    5.Clicked next and it recognized the dfu but asked for shutdown. I had problem here before, It said that it can not put the device in dfu mode. This time it detected and asked for a shutdown. I just pressed both power and home button until it restarted. Then watch for the screen. It tells you when to release the power button and when to release home button. Then it was ok. My iphone was ready to be restored with the custom ipws. The tool gave a message everything ok and i must just close pwnagetool and use itunes.

6. I didn't do anything to iphone just left it where it was in dfu mode. Itunes had already gave the message that it needs to restore my iphone. I just said ok. The restore screen was in front of me. Just pressed alt button on the keyboard and while pressing it i clicked restore, and I showed itunes gently my custom ipws. It restored it successfully.

7. After that the phone rebooted, bootneutral was opened automatically , first it neutral the boot and then flashed the baseband. All was automatic. Then after the last reboot, there it was jailbroken and unlocked with all features working.

my question now is how can i disable the edge? i cant ssh because jailbroken iphone 1st gen 2.0 dont have installer..

This jailbreak only works with Mac at the moment right?
    When will it be launched for Windows?
    By the way.. its a great job..
    Dev Team r0x..
    Just waiting for unlocking and Windows pwnage

that was happening to me earlier... then instead of saying yes i am a legit iphone user i said NO and then everything went through perfectly!

Hello from spain and Yes it works I have my forst gen iphone with 2.0

@ sr20_00
    Yes man i think i cliced legit iphone user.I have been with this thing all night and now is 8:25 Am here so I'm damn tired

Any help guys?what do i do now..

Default Pwnage Tool won't launch! HELP?
    hey ive been crazy all night. been downloading pwnage tool like 10 times because it won't launch. it would just keep on bouncing on the dock and doesnt luanch. also when it stops bouncing nothing happens not window pop up..any idea?
    [IMG]http://www.modmyi.com/siggen/sigs/30510698.png[\IMG]

OK, I am sorrry for being a total idiot. But is there some step by step "dummy" directions for this? I want to be able to put themes on the iphone...but to my understanding I haveto make this thing (the "jail break") work first? I have a 3G iphone

ok im totally lost......

i have a 1st gen iphone with 1.1.4
    and i have windows
    where can i download cosmos firmware for my phone

Quote Originally Posted by f3f View Post
    mikez1314: your tzone hack carried over through the upgrade?
    Suprisingly, it did... however I did a 'Restore' inside iTunes from a backup that I created moments before I delved into this whole process.

ok so you need to make a new cust. firmware that you select no for legit instead of yes then restore your phone it should work... it worked for me!

@alme

I cant really say to much about the actaull process of unlocking the new Iphone 3g

a) I dont have the new Iphone yet
    b) I dont have a mac to use the pwn tool.

alme Im sure if you look through this thread from start to finish and in-depth you will find out what your problem is and how to solve it.

What is the current state off you phone what version is it gen1 or 3g?

OK, so I have figured out that if I use expert mode (cause I don't want the pineapple logo) it doesn't ask if I am a legit AT&T customer and when my phone comes on, I have no service. SO now that I used simple mode, my service is there, but how do I get rid of the pineapple boot logo?

@alme

I cant really say to much about the actaull process of unlocking the new Iphone 3g

a) I dont have the new Iphone yet
    b) I dont have a mac to use the pwn tool.

alme Im sure if you look through this thread from start to finish and in-depth you will find out what your problem is and how to solve it.

What is the current state off you phone what version is it gen1 or 3g?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am having a problem getting Itunes to sync my contacts. everything else worked fine!

Quote Originally Posted by mikez1314 View Post
    I'm on 2.0 pwned, upgraded from t-mobile 1.1.4. Now unlocked, t-zones $5.99 hack works well. Only downside is, Cydia has alot of stuff pre-installed which I don't recognize..which may or may not really affect the battery's life. Also, the iphone won't sync properly in iTunes.

So guys, just keep at it. It works!
    On the T-Zones hack, did you go in and edit manually since we can't install the hack through installer?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by imnotfunny View Post
    ok im totally lost......

i have a 1st gen iphone with 1.1.4
    and i have windows
    where can i download cosmos firmware for my phone

Try here

iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Custom_Restore.ipsw (download torrent) - TPB

great, going to try. Dev Team thanks by supporting and keeps being great ones.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks to cosmo for the custom fw, and stealth for the additional tips posted. My 1st gen iPhone is now running on 2.0, unlocked, activated, and jb'd on T-Mo! Everything worked perfectly on the first try! Thanks again!

Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast