Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage 2.0 Released - 3G/2.0 is Jailbroke!

are u guys getting the error pwned? Should work if you pwned before

Man if I could get the bay to load I would have my 3g jailbroken with Cosmo's ipsw. Thanks again. Still waiting. Site must be hammered right now.
    "Count your blessings. Make your blessings count!"

Is that an iPhone in your pocket?

Quote Originally Posted by GabeC View Post
    i'm getting error 1602 from itunes when trying to restore to cosmo's firmware

Infor taken direct from apple's website.

" Error 1601 or 1602 when restoring iPhone or iPod touch in iTunes [This article is in the archived collection]

* Last Modified on: November 06, 2007

* Article: 306084

Issue

When trying to restore your iPhone in iTunes, you may see the following message followed by an error code 1601 or 1602:

The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred.

Or when trying to restore your iPod touch in iTunes, you may see the following message:

The iPod "[username]" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1602)

Products affected

* iPhone
    * iPod touch
    * iTunes 7.4.3 or earlier

Solution

Completely remove iTunes and Apple Mobile Device support and then reinstall iTunes 7.5 or later. Click the appropriate link below for instructions on how to accomplish this for your operating system."

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    In iTunes
    Plug phone in, keeping the phone on
    Press and hold power and home keys for 10 seconds.
    Release power key, keep holding home button until iTunes tells you it needs to be restored.
    Screen will remain black.

the option click the restore button and select your custom ipsw file.
    Yup, that's exactly what I did and I still get the 1601 error.

Stealth,

I'm currently watching my baseband flash. Many thanks for all your help not only with me, but with everybody else going through this tonight.

FYI: To finally get iTunes to restore the firmware without hitting the error 1600, 1601 snags, I kept the folder ~Library/iTunes/Device Support open throughout and made sure there were no files being written onto it the before, during, and after the restore process from iTunes.

Anywhoo,

I'm off to get some rest. It's been a long night.

Goodluck everybody,

and thanks again Stealth.

—E

I'm on 2.0 pwned, upgraded from t-mobile 1.1.4. Now unlocked, t-zones $5.99 hack works well. Only downside is, Cydia has alot of stuff pre-installed which I don't recognize..which may or may not really affect the battery's life. Also, the iphone won't sync properly in iTunes.

So guys, just keep at it. It works!

Quote Originally Posted by m-klass View Post
    Infor taken direct from apple's website.

" Error 1601 or 1602 when restoring iPhone or iPod touch in iTunes [This article is in the archived collection]

* Last Modified on: November 06, 2007

* Article: 306084

Issue

When trying to restore your iPhone in iTunes, you may see the following message followed by an error code 1601 or 1602:

The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred.

Or when trying to restore your iPod touch in iTunes, you may see the following message:

The iPod "[username]" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1602)

Products affected

* iPhone
    * iPod touch
    * iTunes 7.4.3 or earlier

Solution

Completely remove iTunes and Apple Mobile Device support and then reinstall iTunes 7.5 or later. Click the appropriate link below for instructions on how to accomplish this for your operating system."

Hope this helps.
    Just getting ready to do this when I seen that you posted it.

Please can someone help me?I did everything as asked and after rebooting and installing the ipws my iphone has that i can only make emergency calls and when i connect to itunes it says that the sim card inserted in this iphone does not seem to be supported.

Please please please can someone help me?
    Please guys

im pretty sure this wont work with windows???
    i beleive i need winpwn for it??

if u can how do i?

alme did u click "legit iPhone user"? If so it won't work. It didn't unlock your phone for your carrier's sim.

Heres a tip that took me a while to figure out: DONT have iTunes open when you use pwnagetool. Maybe that will help out some people?

iPhone? More like MyPhone techgirl's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Finally worked, but not activated?
    Is there a way to troubleshoot activation without starting again? The process has taken me 6 hours. Thanks

Techgirl at your service... Modding MyPhone since Day 1!

AIM: lindseycholmes
    Facebook: lindseycholmes

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elicierto View Post
    Stealth,

I'm currently watching my baseband flash. Many thanks for all your help not only with me, but with everybody else going through this tonight.

FYI: To finally get iTunes to restore the firmware without hitting the error 1600, 1601 snags, I kept the folder ~Library/iTunes/Device Support open throughout and made sure there were no files being written onto it the before, during, and after the restore process from iTunes.

Anywhoo,

I'm off to get some rest. It's been a long night.

Goodluck everybody,

and thanks again Stealth.

E
    Glad you got it working. I hope I helped some people tonight. I think I am going to call it a night. Good luck everyone.

Thanks

cosmo. Once I download your custom fw, should I just use the latest version of winpwn to pwn it, then use iTunes 7.7 to restore using that custom firmware? I'm currently on 1.1.4 jb/unlocked?

@alme

What gen iphone are you using?
    Also what process did you take to pwn it?
    What previous method did you use to unlock activate and jailbreak? i.e. winpwn iliberty etc?

cosmos custom firmware worked fine first time for me, I was at 1.1.4 ZiPhone, used WinPwn and selected the original 1.1.4 and pwn'ed it, then I simply fired up iTunes and went into DFU, selected cosmos custom firmware and restored, and it all went fine.

Thank you Cosmos

i uninstalled itunes and apple mobile device and reinstalled and still getting the damn 1601 error

@sp00nfedem1's

If your phone has laready been pwned then all you have to do is restore using the custom FW that Cosmo upped You dont have to load the FW in to winpwn atall

Quote Originally Posted by techgirl View Post
    Is there a way to troubleshoot activation without starting again? The process has taken me 6 hours. Thanks
    If you clicked 'Legit iPhone user' when asked it didn't unlock the phone for you to use any sim card with it.
    "Count your blessings. Make your blessings count!"

Is that an iPhone in your pocket?

Quote Originally Posted by mikez1314 View Post
    I'm on 2.0 pwned, upgraded from t-mobile 1.1.4. Now unlocked, t-zones $5.99 hack works well. Only downside is, Cydia has alot of stuff pre-installed which I don't recognize..which may or may not really affect the battery's life. Also, the iphone won't sync properly in iTunes.

So guys, just keep at it. It works!
    mikez1314: your tzone hack carried over through the upgrade?

Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast