Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage 2.0 Released - 3G/2.0 is Jailbroke!

so i dont know if this helps but the pwnage tool wasnt working for me.. it stopped at the entering dfu mode. so i took the .ipsw file that it made, and did a restore in itunes (newest one) and it worked just fine. of course you get the normal error, but hey it works after you kick it out of dfu. sorry i never write tutorials so if you need help PM me lol remember..this worked for me so if your like me and like to take risks go ahead and try it. if not then dont blame me and/or dont try it.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigboatsInc View Post
    Stealth, sorry man for all the questions, i appreciate your help. i did what u said, i held option on my keyboard and then selected the ipsw. then i got error 6 and it couldn't restore.
    Try a different Usb port for your phone (Some people were having problems with certain usb ports)

Have you entered DFU Manually before restoring?

Entering DFU Mode:

Turn iphone off.
    Press and hold-down both the Power and Home buttons.
    Release the Power button after 10 seconds exactly. The screen goes blank
    Release the Home button after 10 seconds exactly. The screen is still blank

Restore with custom ipsw from pwn tool

3. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

jayman5446 (2008-07-20)

After we're done with the pwnage process, can we restore from a backup or do we have to set it up as a new device?

I have the first iphone running 1.1.4.

So before I use pwnage tool 2.0, i have to restore it to 2.0? Wont then itunes say that "my sim is not supported"? since ive been using my iphone on tmobile since day 1.
    iPhizzle

Quote Originally Posted by cranie View Post
    Tried that and got it stuck in recovery mode and couldn't get it back out...I LOVE this part of the iPhone modding
    I had a similar issue, it was stuck in DFU mode but I didn't think so because the screen was blank. Anyway, I just held down power and Home button simultaneously for about a full minute until I finally saw the apple logo again. When I tried the whole process again, during the pwnage it went blank again but I restored the iPhone even though it was a blank DFU mode and all is fine and well now with proper display and all.

getting error 6, and now stuck in recovery mode, any advice??

I'm sorry if I'm repeating but I just want to be sure I'm not doing anything wrong.I have an 1.1.4 iPhone and when I purchased it from ebay the guy had used ziphone to unlock it.
    Do I have to do smth extra in order to get 2.0 or is the same like everyone?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by swn23 View Post
    After we're done with the pwnage process, can we restore from a backup or do we have to set it up as a new device?
    Id say start as clean phone. People have alwys had weird issues if they use a back up on a newly restored phone.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to m-klass For This Useful Post:

swn23 (2008-07-20)

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    If you get Error 1600 from iTunes (or if you see in your log a failure to prepare x12220000_4_Recovery.ipsw), try: mkdir ~/Library/iTunes/Device Support ; if that directory already exists, remove any files in it. Then re-run PwnageTool.
    I've been rerunning pwnage tool for the last couple hours and did as you said but still getting the 1600 error. There is nothing in the logs about an error to 12220000_4_Recovery.ipsw.

Any other ideas to what may be causing the 1600 errors and how to get around them?

everything fine now
    thanks everybody
    if you have error (6) only because your iphone is NOT in DFU mode , you musy put it in to DFU mode !!!

Can some one make a custom firmware of iPod1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw?
    Then I would love you guys.

Cheers.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by swn23 View Post
    Restore from backup is fine

17. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

swn23 (2008-07-20)

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    If you get Error 1600 from iTunes (or if you see in your log a failure to prepare x12220000_4_Recovery.ipsw), try: mkdir “~/Library/iTunes/Device Support” ; if that directory already exists, remove any files in it. Then re-run PwnageTool.
    That did work to get rid of the 1600 error. Then I got a 1601 error? wtf? lol

I redid the firmware again and that worked. Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by saadlive; 2008-07-20 at 05:52 AM.

hold power and home button till phone reboots

btw stealth, we all appreciate you taking the time to help with our troubles.

Thanks
    Can't wait for the Windows version!!

PLEASE EVERY ONE......

If you phone has not previously been PWNED follow this link

How to create your own firmware with WinPwn.(updated) » iPhone Hacks » iPhoneFreakz

YOU WILL HAVE TO PWN before restoring to the custom fw that Cosmo upped as the pwnage tool mods your phone to let the phone accept none approved apple FW's.

so anyone know more or less how long till winpwn 2.0 ?? i hope its not half a year like last time

Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast