Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 1.1.3 Firmware Preview Gallery

We are like abused childred of Apple. Since day one Apple has made little or no effort to push the boundries of this phone. We have been left in the hands of others who graciously taken us in to their world with awesome third party development. Apple release bull crap updates for the sole purpose of locking our phones. All these updates are very basic and should have been out of the box apps but sense we have been abused for so long they seem like Christmas presents. If it was not for the work of all the talented people that have provided us tools on this site I would have long thrown the iPhone out and be sporting a Voyager now.

This is a perfect time to thank all the developers that have made the iPhone what it is today - Hats off to you all.

Yeah true ^^
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to yowiphone For This Useful Post:

iphone003 (2007-12-30)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

sweet. cant wait!

Now all where waiting on is the DEV team.

HERE IS VIDEO PROOF!!!

http://cre.ations.net/blog/post/ipho...angement-video
    Last edited by yowiphone; 2007-12-30 at 04:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. The Following User Says Thank You to yowiphone For This Useful Post:

iphone003 (2007-12-30)

I don't get how some of you can be so excited about this!? haha.. it seems really bare-bones. Nothing very exciting.

Oh well.

I need to unlock my 1.1.1 now to use when I'm in spain next semester.

This just in from Gizmodo.. Looks like we are SOL on both jailbreaking it or unlocking it for a long time.

We had some doubts, but now we can tell you we are sure: the new firmware 1.1.3 is real. Or like Nate says: "if it is a hoax, they did a buttload of work." The fact is that it installs normally and it works perfectly, according to all the evidence that Natetrue has brought to our attention. We believe this evidence because it's technically sound and it has been provided by one of the most respected and veteran iPhone hackers and the author of iBrickr (which is a must for any Windows iPhone owner).

Nate says that "it installs on the phone no-questions-asked and for that you need to have Apple's private key, which i can confirm that the iphone hacker community does not have—as much as we would love to have it." Indeed, Apple's private encrypted key, used to authenticate all accesses to the iPhone most-private guts, hasn't been uncovered yet by anyone in the world.

In other words, no firmware upgrades can be installed without the knowledge of this key. Furthermore, the idea that someone would have access to this key and spend months to create a fully functional firmware update, with key new features and without any documentation whatsoever seems just absolutely silly.

Effects on unlocks and Third-party applications
    According to Nate, the update breaks AnySim's unlocks. Logically, you can't unlock this update using AnySim and there's no alternative to iTunes for activation. If you want to activate, it will only work using iTunes and a standard AT&T account. As he points out: "that is the only way we have been able to activate so far." Nate tried to upgrade an AnySim 1.2u iPhone and it failed. Even while he was able to force it to boot, the phone refused to activate even with a normal AT&T SIM card. "I suspect it's due to the fact that the baseband could not be upgraded to the 1.1.3 'required' version", he pointed out.

Nate didn't try other updates or solutions, like iPhone Sim Free or any of the hardware-based ones, like TurboSIM. In theory, these should work just fine, but jailbreak and activation would be absolutely impossible for the time being. We would have to wait until the update gets released in the open to try new alternative activation methods.

Your favorite third-party apps will be gone too, with no possibility of return for now. The update fixes the bugs which allowed "the jailbreak method we were using for 1.1.2, locking us out again, as expected."

Other effects
    Like previous firmware upgrades, whatever is in the user partition remains unchanged. Only the Apple-owned part is affected by 1.1.3. So for those of you who claim that this is a fake because it says "Nate" in the network instead of "AT&T," that's the reason. Nate changed the network name in 1.1.2 using Erica's Make It Mine program. The changed network name, like with 1.1.1 and any other previous firmware, is kept through firmware upgrades.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sailorguido For This Useful Post:

clevetus (2007-12-30)

Quote Originally Posted by sailorguido View Post
    This just in from Gizmodo.. Looks like we are SOL on both jailbreaking it or unlocking it for a long time.
    Well that sucks! But as everyone has already mentioned there is still nothing major that this update does. No MMS/Copy Paste, Video etc.....
    JESUS CHRIST SAVES

Unlocked Tmobile

"I suspect it's due to the fact that the baseband could not be upgraded to the 1.1.3 'required' version"

Does this mean the 1.1.3 WILL have a baseband upgrade??? I NEED to know this, haha! I wanna go out and buy the iPhone immediately but I need to be sure that there will be a SW unlock for the 1.1.2 OTB shortly..

Yes It Has A New Baseband And That Means An Unlock For Otb 1.1.2 Iphones!!!!!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yowiphone For This Useful Post:

clevetus (2007-12-30), iphone003 (2007-12-30)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yowiphone View Post
    Yes It Has A New Baseband And That Means An Unlock For Otb 1.1.2 Iphones!!!!!

Don't count your chickens before their hatched.
    OG iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4 and hopefully iPhone 2012 =)

hEY DUDE WAKE UP!!

WHY THE LOW HOPES FOR?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to yowiphone For This Useful Post:

iphone003 (2007-12-30)

Thanks

hEY DUDE WAKE UP!!

WHY THE LOW HOPES FOR?
    haha because this is just a theory from the dev team...we will not know 100 percent until it is released... why have your high hopes crushed?

THEY WONT CRASH mate because there is always backup.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to yowiphone For This Useful Post:

iphone003 (2007-12-30)

Thanks

Haha we all hope that!

Default Unlocking wont be THAT tedious
    Wow, is it just me, or are people exaggerating the difficulty of unlocking a 1.1.3 phone??

Someone said something along the lines of:

Downgrade to 1.1.2, then to 1.1.1, then 1.0.2, then revirginize, upgrade upgrade upgrade etc.

After unlocking about 200 phones or so, i would venture to say it will work like this:

Downgrade 1.1.3 directly to 1.1.1 (nothing says this cant be done), goto jailbreakme.com to jailbreak, load a new version of Ok2Prep, upgrade to 1.1.3, jailbreak it, anySIM it.

This process will take no longer than 40 minutes tops. I know this, because its the current process i use at least 4 times a day for 1.1.2 phones (upgraded ones, duh, not OTB.) There is absolutely no need to downgrade the baseband anymore, unless the phone was previously unlocked. And in that instance, all you do is add i.unlock.no to your repository, and run the BBDowngrader (which will be updated to work with new bootloaders, duh).

So at the ABSOLUTE WORST CASE SCENARIO, where your phone is somehow "bricked":

Load 1.1.1, jailbreakme.com, BBDowngrader / revirginizer, OK2Prep (yes, you can skip right to this step without restoring to 1.1.1 again after running BBDowngrader), update to 1.1.3, jailbreak it, anySIM it.

This process would take an additional 15 minutes max. So we're still under an hour. I think this is very good news.

Thoughts? I'd love to hear some friendly responses.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to czeluff For This Useful Post:

evilp8ntballer7 (2008-01-02)

Thanks

How do you figure? If it was that easy than why can't we do that to OTB 1.1.2? OTB 1.1.3 will most definitely also have a baseband that is similar to 1.1.2 which cannot be unlocked. Right now we can hope that the dev team's secpack theory will work

This update sounds awesome and for the simpletons like me who just run iphone without any mods this bring a bunch of functionality to my already awesome phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach23 View Post
    How do you figure? If it was that easy than why can't we do that to OTB 1.1.2? OTB 1.1.3 will most definitely also have a baseband that is similar to 1.1.2 which cannot be unlocked. Right now we can hope that the dev team's secpack theory will work
    NO ITS GONNA HAVE A DIFFERENT BASEBAND. WHEN THAT HAPPENS WE CAN RETRIEVE A SECPACK AND THEN ERASE THE LOCK FOR OTB 1.1.2 IPHONES THEN UNLOCK OUR OTB 1.1.2 OR MAYBE 1.1.3 IPHONES

And The Dev Team Have Found Exploits On The Current Bootloader.
    Last edited by yowiphone; 2007-12-30 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

26. The Following User Says Thank You to yowiphone For This Useful Post:

iphone003 (2007-12-30)

Thanks

The cost-benefit ratio of updating to 1.1.3 is far too high. Don't take good food out my mouth and replace it with sh*t, thank you very much. Break my unlocked phone? Destroy my chances of using decent 3rd party apps? For what exactly? Nothing that really makes this phone any better to use. 1.1.1 was a worthwhile update because it was more stable, and added 1 or 2 common sense features AND allowed us to add to the phone the things that Apple were too (ignorant/lazy/stupid/all three) to do. 1.1.3 does not excite me or many of you I'm afraid. So with much indignation, I'm going to say **** off Apple, eat sh*t.

Edit: when I say "break my unlocked phone" I mean to say that by ruining current unlocks and render my phone features inoperable, you have broken it in my eyes. Pessimistic, yes.
    Last edited by dale1v; 2007-12-30 at 08:37 AM.

NO ITS GONNA HAVE A DIFFERENT BASEBAND. WHEN THAT HAPPENS WE CAN RETRIEVE A SECPACK AND THEN ERASE THE LOCK FOR OTB 1.1.2 IPHONES THEN UNLOCK OUR OTB 1.1.2 OR MAYBE 1.1.3 IPHONES

And The Dev Team Have Found Exploits On The Current Bootloader.

do you have any reason behind for being so optimistic ?

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast