Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2.0 Unlocked | 2.0 Jailbroken - CONFIRMED

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

fireboy, what these people are TRYING to say (and badly) are that you should wait if you phone is unlocked or you want to unlock you phone because the unlock has no been released yet.

Otherwise you risk only being able to use your phone as an iPod touch (it wouldn't be bricked because that is a term that refers to an item being put into a state of no return of inoperability, and that is completely false).

If you are going to use the lingo, learn it.

inoperability does not mean YOU can't use it because it is stuck at the activation screen, it means that it no longer functions as intended (or more commonly, don't even turn on)
    Last edited by defmute; 2008-07-11 at 05:07 PM.

K someone on a chat I was on in Appleiphoneshcool said he had JB Zphone, yesterday then he updated to 2.0 today and the installer is there and works, anyone confirm this?????
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

Guys take a look at this. It's from iClarified.
    iClarified - Apple News - Apple Releases Official iPhone 2.0 Firmware

It states that Firmware 2.0 is now officially up in iTunes 7.7, and the build number is the same as the one leaked yesterday (5A347). But it has a "1,1" designation which is different. Also despite the same build numbers the file sizes of the two ipsws are different.

I hope nothing bad happens with this.

can someone link to the official iPhone 2.0 firmware? Thx!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    im pretty new to this...i think i just bricked my iphone trying to upgrade to 2.0 from an unlocked 1.1.4... so what does that mean my iphone is gone for life or is it fixable?

I just downloaded both files and unzipped them and did a compare on the main dmg file and they are different ... not sure if its a critical difference obviously but it might be safest to use the 1,1 one since it would appear to be 'more' official

The dev team is most likely running tests on the fresh 3G iPhone. I'm sure they don't want any problems, as well as you don't. And the majority of us don't want to read 3,000 whiny threads about how the jailbreak broke my new 3G iPhone. Yadda yadda. I'm sure you'll agree. Let them clean it up and make it as stable, and simple as we would expect.

Reako

Exclamation When, oh when?
    when is the pwnage tool for windows coming out??????

Green Apple
    Thanks

it is out, its called winpwn or something like that, read the thread before you post, its not out for 2.0 yet do not update unless you have AT&T

Quote Originally Posted by IvanRaide View Post
    I just downloaded both files and unzipped them and did a compare on the main dmg file and they are different ... not sure if its a critical difference obviously but it might be safest to use the 1,1 one since it would appear to be 'more' official
    Anyone on the dev team, (or know them) that can confirm what the diffs are? I figure when pwntool comes out and we have to use a source ipsw that we will use the 1,1 one ... I'm just wondering if dev-team could confirm that whatever they did works with both 1,1 and 1,2 (from earlier).

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alex2008 For This Useful Post:

louisb1966 (2008-07-12)

[email protected]
    how the hell can we download the ipod firmware from this url ^ it just above my post
    HOW ?
    AWSOME MAN AWSOME

^ wats that supposed to mean

Quote Originally Posted by krayzie303 View Post
    ^ wats that supposed to mean
    His trying to reference PC as inferior to Mac.
    (mac being 'a real computer').

And yes, we can all ***** about Mac V Pc, but at the end of the day we all just want our Pwnage tool!

DevTeam Make me happy.
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

[email protected]
    NO im not saying that. i love both of them
    i was refering to the url above me like pointing at the url
    lolz
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2008-07-12 at 07:11 AM.

"UPDATE: So guys, the out of the box tests on retail hardware are great. Everything works as we anticipated. This is great news, seriously. No riddles or jokes or cryptic messages now, watch this space." - from http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

18. The Following User Says Thank You to CeeJayCee For This Useful Post:

louisb1966 (2008-07-12)

Quote Originally Posted by mofolo View Post
    His trying to reference PC as inferior to Mac.
    (mac being 'a real computer').

And yes, we can all ***** about Mac V Pc, but at the end of the day we all just want our Pwnage tool!

DevTeam Make me happy.
    Very true. All i want is my iPhone to be unlocked and on 2.0

iPhone Dev Blog latest:

"Back at the dev ranch

So, some of the guys are still waiting in line, but the important test that we needed to do has been completed, so to recap on what we wrote in our last post :-

“UPDATE: So guys, the out of the box tests on retail hardware are great. Everything works as we anticipated. This is great news, seriously. No riddles or jokes or cryptic messages now, watch this space.”

We’ll be doing another post soon, with some more info and a video of an upcoming release, so please bear with us, it will be worth it :-)"

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CeeJayCee For This Useful Post:

louisb1966 (2008-07-12)

very nive ... Good news!

very nice .. Good news!
    Last edited by AbdO_2007; 2008-07-11 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

so excited for 2.0 unlocked :-) can't wait, now I just need one of those 3G iPhones without a pesky contract

pesky contract from AT&T that is, sorry no edit on iPhone edition
    Last edited by schwartzki; 2008-07-11 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast