Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No More Online iPhone Sales | 3g Data Prices

read above post the full price is 199 and 299.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    If you "lose it" you'll be able to buy a new one, then activate it in the store to your account without extending your contract.
    So wouldn't that leave me with an $199 iphone (the one i "lost") that could be sold on ebay or what not and hacktivated by anyone? Isn't this what Apple is trying to avoid..?

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I agree... there was nothing in the speech about these prices being "discounted" or having little stars next to them with a note about activation or "see details" ect. My vote is these are the full retail prices....
    Your vote is correct. The full retail price will be 199/299 and it comes with a nice 2-year contract.

There's no way around it guys, if you want the new iPhone 3G, whether you buy it on AT&T or an Apple Store, you WILL need to get a new contract or extend your current one.

Ohh that makes more sense, I thought the $199 was the 2-year not full price but I guess they are the same thing. So I can go ahead and sell my current iPhone and buy the new one with that money?

Sorry for all the questions..
    Last edited by erix920; 2008-06-10 at 01:18 AM. Reason: can't spell

thank you happy go lucky guy
    199 and 299
    why would there be a higher price to buy it without a contract when you cant buy it without a contract??? common sense guys.
    o and about the asterik being beside the price?? this is letting you know that you must sign a 2 year contract!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Your vote is correct. The full retail price will be 199/299 and it comes with a nice 2-year contract.

There's no way around it guys, if you want the new iPhone 3G, whether you buy it on AT&T or an Apple Store, you WILL need to get a new contract or extend your current one.
    Right on Happy Noodle, why are people so dense? It sucks but it has been a problem for AT&T on the old activation method so they changed it.

or you know wait for a box to "fall of the truck" and end up on ebay. (hey look at china, they have thousands of iPhones that technically dont exist according to apple)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rusty778 View Post
    or you know wait for a box to "fall of the truck" and end up on ebay. (hey look at china, they have thousands of iPhones that technically dont exist according to apple)
    That is why I said earlier that most people in the states would have to buy from over seas

Quote Originally Posted by deepdrumms View Post
    So wouldn't that leave me with an $199 iphone (the one i "lost") that could be sold on ebay or what not and hacktivated by anyone? Isn't this what Apple is trying to avoid..?
    Well, yes. I guess this would be the only one way to get a spare iPhone for you to sell/unlock. But hey, apple still ends with 1 contract so it somewhat works out for them. Plus I'm sure they can flag your account and keep track of who's losing what.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rusty778 View Post
    and then hope that the new firmware can be fake activated + jailbroken + unlocked

us on other carriers would still end up paying the same price as the old iphone probably!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1sick94hb View Post
    us on other carriers would still end up paying the same price as the old iphone probably!
    Most likely

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    and then hope that the new firmware can be fake activated + jailbroken + unlocked
    I guarantee you it will be identical to the original version, the processor is the same in both iPhones, otherwise apple would have screwed over developers. Dev team said that the pwnage tool should work on all 2.0 variants so im not worried.

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    Well I think 2.0 (the beta releases anyways) have already been JB/unlocked. Not sure how much the activation process will change. We'll have to wait a month to find out how this turns out.

only thing im worried about is the texting. I have an iphone now, and im comfortable with signing another contract. But they havent said anything about texting prices, i have the current plan of $40 extra for unlimited everything and i pay $20 for the family plan im on.

iPhone? More like MyPhone the sr5's Avatar
    Thanks

is there a way to get 2.0 yet? where did you get it rusty?

It Is What It Is...

Thanks

Well I think 2.0 (the beta releases anyways) have already been JB/unlocked. Not sure how much the activation process will change. We'll have to wait a month to find out how this turns out.
    from what i understand, the last 2 releases of the 2.0 firmwares have not been jailbroken. i dont think the dev team would make it public though even if they have until after the official 2.0 release

the way i see it is att is going to be golden but apple themselves will end up losing quite a bit of sales honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by the sr5 View Post
    is there a way to get 2.0 yet? where did you get it rusty?
    You cant get the gold master yet(but I hear engadget got a copy) I have an older 2.0 beta from a certain "BAY" if you know what im talking about(also hunting around random russian websites)
    Last edited by rusty778; 2008-06-10 at 01:57 AM.

Thanks

I just hope that when I buy the new phone, activate it there, come home and winpwn it no problem

hopefully the dev team finds a way to crack it all pretty quick. They put a lot of effort into this for us

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast