Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No More Online iPhone Sales | 3g Data Prices

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    You're welcome given how I've gone ahead and posted about 3 thread full of factual information, have quoted and answered questions endlessly throughout the day and have been nothing more than a super awesome noodle boy.

He doesn't know what he's talking about. Extending your contract by 2 years is the same thing as getting a new contract. You'll have no problem getting a new iPhone for $299.
    Thank you for the info, im assuming you like jonny the homicidal manic Z?

im just gonna roll in there and say sure ill activate it pay the money grab the phone and be like sorry screw you im gonna go unlock it on t-mobile and walk out. they cant stop you. even if they keep the box until you activate it you still have the phone in your hands. what is a security guard going to stop you that would be illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by EricHvk View Post
    im just gonna roll in there and say sure ill activate it pay the money grab the phone and be like sorry screw you im gonna go unlock it on t-mobile and walk out. they cant stop you. even if they keep the box until you activate it you still have the phone in your hands. what is a security guard going to stop you that would be illegal.
    Well seeing how you forced to pay with a credit card im gonna say their going to charge you the full price of the phone for doing that

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EricHvk View Post
    Too bad you have to get a credit check before signing up with AT&T.

Thanks

gizmodo seems to be keep tabs on this;

iPhone 3G Pricing and Activation Details: $30 Unlimited Data, Activated In Store Only

cancellation within 30 day penalty, not 3 days as some guy said before....

iPhone? More like MyPhone mfleigle's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Current AT&T customers will just extend their contract.
    I didnt have to with the first gen. I activated it through iTunes (last July before hacking started), and it said I extended it but it never came into effect. AT&T states my current contract started in January 2007 (when I bought a krzr). My cousins is the same also. They never counted it. That why if it is confirmed (again CS doesnt count in my book), I will really debate about it before getting a 3G. I dont even get 3G at my house (I live 30 miles away from the nearest 3G city), but really want GPS and an extra 8GB

Quote Originally Posted by hatchet65 View Post
    $30 for the data? My Media Max with 3G is $15 now. I'll wait for a google phone.

There is no way in the world that everyone buying an iphone will have to spend 30 minutes in the store having their iphone activated. It would take a solid year just to sell the number they think they will sell if that was the case.
    The activation will be similar to the current activation we have through iTunes. It won't take more than 5-10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by jrod_15 View Post
    nahh if apple is going to sell them at there stores u can get them without activation
    You can't.

Quote Originally Posted by rusty778 View Post
    Thank you for the info, im assuming you like jonny the homicidal manic Z?
    Why yes, yes I do.

Quote Originally Posted by rusty778 View Post
    Well seeing how you forced to pay with a credit card im gonna say their going to charge you the full price of the phone for doing that
    Couldn't have said it better :P

Green Apple
    Thanks

Another thing, did anyone actually read where there was messaging included in that $30 package? I don't see it and this seems to follow how a pda or blackberry would be priced. $30 for data and extra for messaging.

You guys keep saying "charged the full price of the phone"...the 199/299 IS the full price.

It's not like when I bought my razr numerous years ago where I got it for $70 if I signed a 2 year contract, or it was like $150 if I didn't sign a 2 year.

The phones are either 199 or 299...That is the maximum they will be.

Were the first gens ever more then their retail price of 399/499? No.

199/299 is the full price*

*with a 2 year contract.

Since you'll only be able to buy one with a contract, the statement is true. If you cancel the contract and intent to keep the phone, you WILL have to pay 399+ or whatever the phone actually costs.

So if I bought the phone, said I lost it, and then asked to buy a new one, would my contract be extended ANOTHER 2 years (totaling to 4)?

I'm trying to find some kind of work-around....if there even is one....

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonRevo View Post
    You guys keep saying "charged the full price of the phone"...the 199/299 IS the full price.

It's not like when I bought my razr numerous years ago where I got it for $70 if I signed a 2 year contract, or it was like $150 if I didn't sign a 2 year.

The phones are either 199 or 299...That is the maximum they will be.

Were the first gens ever more then their retail price of 399/499? No.
    no the iPhone is subsidized, meaning if you buy with no contract they slap you with the full brunt of the phone's cost. At&t is supposed to take the hit for this but they pass it onto you since your not locked into a contract, the 1st iPhone wasnt subsidized so thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by deepdrumms View Post
    So if I bought the phone, said I lost it, and then asked to buy a new one, would my contract be extended ANOTHER 2 years (totaling to 4)?

If you "lose it" you'll be able to buy a new one, then activate it in the store to your account without extending your contract.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deepdrumms View Post

It would be two years from today. There usually are no work arounds except with prepaid

I've read through all the 8 pages (forgot the first 6) but do you have to bring in your old iPhone in order to get the $199/$299 pricing? Or do you just go up there and ask for the new iPhone and continue your two year contract?

Reason i'm asking is because in my upgrades it says:
    Code:
    This line is eligible for equipment discount pricing when you sign up for a 2-year service agreement. You can also take advantage of our no-commitment pricing option.
    Also, the data plan alone is $30 right?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I agree... there was nothing in the speech about these prices being "discounted" or having little stars next to them with a note about activation or "see details" ect. My vote is these are the full retail prices....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by erix920 View Post
    I've read through all the 8 pages (forgot the first 6) but do you have to bring in your old iPhone in order to get the $199/$299 pricing? Or do you just go up there and ask for the new iPhone and continue your two year contract?

Reason i'm asking is because in my upgrades it says:
    Code:
    This line is eligible for equipment discount pricing when you sign up for a 2-year service agreement. You can also take advantage of our no-commitment pricing option.
    Also, the data plan alone is $30 right?
    Your upgrade status means you are still stuck in your contract. You can get a new phone (not iphone) and you pay the full cost. And the 199/299 is for anyone not 1st gen users

well according to the info then it contradicts itself. if you cant buy the phone without signing a contract then how are you gonna pay the higher price without a contract. the article states that the iphone will "not" be sold unless you sign a contract and activate on the spot. so that means there are 2 prices. 199 and 299 cuz well you cant buy it without a contract!

So.. that means I can't get the $199/$299 option, i'll have to pay the full price when they tell us what it will be? Or can I just extend my contract even further?

1sick94hb, exactly what i'm thinking which is why i'm so confused haha

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I agree... there was nothing in the speech about these prices being "discounted" or having little stars next to them with a note about activation or "see details" ect. My vote is these are the full retail prices....
    Just because you want it to be doesn't mean it is. Besides how do you have an asterisk in a verbal speech? On apple website it says $199*

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast