Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 413

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: No More Online iPhone Sales | 3g Data Prices

  1. #341
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,474
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by woodlandsfonz View Post
    StealthBravo,

    It's also called free speech. As the owner of a company, I like to hear what my customers have to say. There is no business without customers, and apple might be losing them with the new policies.
    You can say what ever you want but it is wasted breath. Apple wont be losing a dime with this deal. AT&T was the one who was losing money with the old policies. AT&T spent a lot of money to have the exclusive rights to the iphone, do you expect them not to protect their investment? What are you telling Apple with your petition, that you want the ability to buy an iphone then unlock it to use with other carriers? Apple has a responsibility to AT&T to make sure that iphones in the US are activated with AT&T.

  2. #342
    The reason why somebody would unlock their iPhone is due to the fact that they do NOT want to acquire service from AT&T. A reason for this might be, the prices for the services they offer. So, basically, if you're going to tie us down to one specific carrier in a very Microsoft-y way, then *at least* give us a decent price for the services.

  3. #343
    I got a pretty good plan. Two iPhones (first generation) and one bs samsung all on a regular family plan not an iPhone plan. Includes 2100 mins (shared w/rollover) for $109.99 a month, $20 extra per iPhone (for data packages and 200 txt), $9.99 a month for the samsung (which I got for free), $5.00 for 200 txt msgs for the samsung and $16.99 for night mins that start @ 7pm instead of 9pm for all three phones. That comes to about... $182.00 per month b4 taxes. I think thats pretty good, no?

  4. #344
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ck View Post
    yes, iphone contracts (voice + data) are kind of expensive, but you should be ready to spend some money if you plan on buying THE BEST phone thats out there... its like buying a corvette and expecting to get 35 mpg on it and then crying about how expensive gas is. want to save on gas? buy a honda civic. want to have a fast car? get ready to pay for gas. thats how things work in life.

    and im pretty sure that we will still be able to jailbreak the 3g iphones, so all the free custom apps will still be there for you
    What you say makes sense to a point but lets look at it another way.

    Corvette = iPhone
    Gas Station = Carrier

    I only put Shell in my car and it gives me the best MPG, even though chevron and others have the same grade of gas. I mainly pay with a debit so I hardly have to go to see the cashier, but when I do even though I'm in Miami the clerk speaks to me in perfect English and is always pleasant.

    If low on gas I might go to a Chevron. Many times even though there is nothing wrong with my card the reader may be broken and say "see cashier." I then have to waste my time and go inside to the crowded store and deal with clerk who can hardly say anything in English other then the price.

    However, when I was in NYC Shell sucked and Chevron doesn't exist or if it does is very rare as I never saw one. Exxon or BP is my go to station.

    Whole point is just because something is "the best" or requires so and so to function doesn't mean the place you got it from is the best place to provide what you require. Service, reliability and addons vary from market to market.

  5. #345
    I spoke to someone from the apple store you can buy the iphone at apple for the $199 and $299 prices w/o signing any contracts..

    I have tmobile anyone know if im gonna be able to activate it at home..lady from apple said you cant even turn it on untill its activated

  6. #346
    You guys don't remember when AT&T tried to pull this b.s. last launch? They are spreading rumors of strict purchase/activation process to protect their investment. Nothing will change. $199/$299 is the new cost of the iPhone worldwide, not the subsidized price. O2's free iPhone is the only subsidized iPhone thus far.
    1win.1 loss.1 draw

  7. #347
    My reasons for not wanting to sign a 2 yr agreement to ATT is b/c i feel that tmobile's plans and customer service are helluva lot better than ATT. I am going to wait it out til after the 11th to see if there are any ways for me to get a 3G iPhone w/o a contract. Otherwise it looks like i will have to search craigslist for a 1st gen version and hack that. I could care less about the 3G. I just sold my 1st iPhone over half a year back and i was planning to get another one b4 all this nonsense

  8. #348
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default tmobile G
    does t-mobile even offer the G frequency? don't blackberry's use the G network? or are the t-mobile unlockers gonna be screwed with the speed even if we do get a new 3G?

  9. #349
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    158
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Found a lot of people selling (pre-order without AT&T contract) 3G iPhone on ebay, how is this possible?

  10. #350
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    230
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikemann888 View Post
    Found a lot of people selling (pre-order without AT&T contract) 3G iPhone on ebay, how is this possible?
    yeah I seen that too, what is going on? I guess they know for sure they can buy them without a contract.

  11. #351
    Quote Originally Posted by dooley19 View Post
    yeah I seen that too, what is going on? I guess they know for sure they can buy them without a contract.
    Or they put them up and didn't pay attention? There's no way the Ebay people know. They're just being jump the gun idiots. Oh this'll be so funny.

    I forgot I have family in Ireland! Bwahahahhaha

    Also I read some people saying that T-Mobile's 3G won't work.

    T-Mobile has 1700 and 2100 and from the iPhone site:

    UMTS/HSDPA (850, 1900, 2100 MHz)

    Does that not mean that T-Mobile could use 3G in SOME situations? (I think it said the band reaches 470,000,000; which is more than the US population..)
    Last edited by Brandnew70x7; 2008-06-11 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  12. #352
    If I've read things right, and I'd like to think that I do, T-Mobile current 3G network (if there's even one) is incompatible with the iPhone. However, I believe their rolling out a new network (similar to what AT&T is doing) and that upgrade will be compatible with the iPhone.

    I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

  13. #353
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    If I've read things right, and I'd like to think that I do, T-Mobile current 3G network (if there's even one) is incompatible with the iPhone. However, I believe their rolling out a new network (similar to what AT&T is doing) and that upgrade will be compatible with the iPhone.
    Well, if T-Mobile has the 2100 mHz too, I believe (And I'm not 100% sure how 3G works) that 3G should work on some areas with T-Mobile. Maybe most. I'm not sure.

    But everything I've read says T-Mobile WILL have 2100 by the end of the year. Currently they have no 3G network outside of NYC and maybe another area, not sure. But they're supposed to roll it out in their major markets by later this year.

  14. #354
    Livin the iPhone Life reeko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,562
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 164 Times in 135 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    If I've read things right, and I'd like to think that I do, T-Mobile current 3G network (if there's even one) is incompatible with the iPhone. However, I believe their rolling out a new network (similar to what AT&T is doing) and that upgrade will be compatible with the iPhone.

    exactly.

    [QUOTE=I spoke to someone from the apple store you can buy the iphone at apple for the $199 and $299 prices w/o signing any contracts..

    I have tmobile anyone know if im gonna be able to activate it at home..lady from apple said you cant even turn it on untill its activated[/QUOTE]

    you really think people have been briefed yet? they have until july 11th to get their customer services briefed on 3g.

    as i stands now, in america you truly will have to sign some sort of agreement at the point of sale, whether its signing the at&t contract and activating at home, or doing the whole thing at store.

    whatever happens, there is a contract....

  15. #355
    iPhone? More like MyPhone my2AWDgst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sacramento CA
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    I want to sell my iphone 8gig but for how mutch$ they go for used?
    DSM fan
    ...16GB 3G Iphone...

  16. #356
    Livin the iPhone Life reeko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,562
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 164 Times in 135 Posts

    i sold mine, it finished on the day of announcement of 3g (monday) and i recieved 275 for it.

    they seem to be holding their prices on ebay right now aswell. some people are stupid lol

  17. #357
    I think its just that everyone heard of the activation issues and would rather have an unlocked EDGE iPhone than not having one at all.

  18. #358
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Western MA
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Default Ditto here Rusty...
    My first gen is mint, works perfect so far. Had zero troubles JB'ing, I even unlocked it once even tho Im ATT customer. The only way I want a new Iphone, is if my breaks or is stolen etc. And even then, Ill probably search out a used first gen.
    One thing no one thinks about is that 'next generation' phones rarely make the cut compared to first gen. Case in point, I still have and use my first gen RAZR, you know the metal one, SAME $499 price tag, (like our Iphone!) It is also in mint condition, never a problem. Ive used THREE next gen. RAZR's and hated them. The price fell to less than $100, they got cheapo looking/working. 2 fell apart. I can only hack/mod my original, etc. Ill Keep my 'old' Iphone any day! Iphones are getting a cheaper price for a good reason!!
    Also, the ATT account is actually very good, dont know why the hub-bub about it. So edge sucks. Im around wifi 90% of my day. I upgraded from a RAZR, it was only $20 for the min data plan more. 3 phones, $127/mo. bill, one dropped call I can ever remember - Im happy. Just my 2 cents here.

  19. #359
    so right now i'm on a family plan and if i wanted to upgrade to a 3g iphone i simply just extend my contract for 2 years and pay $30 a month correct?

  20. #360
    iPhone? More like MyPhone my2AWDgst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sacramento CA
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Hmmm so they go for $300 used on ebay?
    DSM fan
    ...16GB 3G Iphone...

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •