Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Official ModMyI Installer Source Live

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    This is an issue with the Installer app. At the moment, if you have two sources with the same app on there, Installer will always ask you to upgrade to ANY version other than the one you have installed.
    Well, yeah, and it's created a really annoying situation. I'm constantly being prompted about an iPhysics update, when I have the latest version direct from r4m0n's own repository already installed. He's updating fast and furiously (at least 3 in the last few days) and also offers up user-created levels. So, unless you plan on keeping up with that update pace and also offering up all the levels, I don't really see the point.

I will talk to him about getting those level packs on our source as well. What we're trying to do is to NOT need a new source for every single app that comes out.
    Yeah, but at what expense? Looks to me like you're trying to build up modmyi's repository on the coding work of others. Unfortunately, until Installer is fixed to more intelligently deal with duplicates and multiple sources, that's causing more complications for users.

Sorry, but I'm removing the modmyi repository until this situation is better handled. It's just not worth the annoyance.

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fofer View Post
    Yeah, but at what expense? Looks to me like you're trying to build up modmyi's repository on the coding work of others.
    We are simply trying to spread the work of great coders, just like other repo maintainers are (Ste doesn't code all the apps in his source, its about helping the developers reach as broad an audience as possible.) Many developers don't want to create an entire source and use the large amount of bandwidth it requires to host these for the tens of thousands of downloads. Its a service to the community is all. We don't make a dime off our repo - its just free bandwidth and a platform for developers and artists.

Quote Originally Posted by Fofer View Post
    Unfortunately, until Installer is fixed to more intelligently deal with duplicates and multiple sources, that's causing more complications for users.

Sorry, but I'm removing the modmyi repository until this situation is better handled. It's just not worth the annoyance.
    I agree, Installer definitely needs to fix this issue. You're more than welcome to remove the MMi source! Of course, iPhysics is not the only app we host for people.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Nice job guys, keep it up

Of course, iPhysics is not the only app we host for people.
    Yeah, I know. But Snake just isn't that good.

iPhysics is my favorite app on the iPhone right now, I like having the latest versions and all the levels. So I guess it's just a pet peeve to constantly be reminded about an update that's not really an update.

Oh well. I'll anxiously look forward to any Installer update from NullRiver.

Thanks

Ha, and a few others. But yah, an update from Nullriver would be nice about this. Right now it assumes ANY version other than the one you have installed is an update - all it needs to do is simply make sure its a higher version number.

Great Idea!!!

I can't get mmi themes to install either, it downloads then the installing loading bar shows up, and then a pop up "error Package download failed!" i don't understand o.o i installed snake and stuff fine from the mmi source.

Thanks

Which specific theme.

Scared stiff of iPhysics now. Installed it first thing after 1.1.2 upgrade and jailbreak. Bam! Went from iPhysics game to recovery mode. Put me into a bad hate spiral. Hating on MMi, hating on Apple, hating on 1.1.2. Finally went around the bend to 1.1.1, back to 1.1.2 and new jailbreak.

Got it stable. Had it in 1.1.2 without the recovery mode craziness. But, haven't installed iPhysics either.

<shrug>
    Matt

aka Gametroll aka Target

Maker of fine, hand crafted Summerboard Themes.
    http://plainjain.wordpress.com

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default yes yes
    This was Neeeded !!

I thought the garph DL was suppoded to be on this source?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skydad View Post
    I thought the garph DL was suppoded to be on this source?
    it is?

finallly... thanks a lot dude..

i downloaded snake 2 times...once from ceedsoft and then once from modmyi...its work either time...what can i do.

the snake just keeps going straight...let me know

thanks

Thanks

Tilt the iPhone.

Hey was wondering how to get the Retro80s theme using the installer i cant find it
    thanx

Thanks

Its not there is why.

great apps i love em

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast