Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iDemocracy 2.0 Officially Released - So many new features, it just might kill you!

Hi dvd65,
    I had the same thing happen. What i did to get around this was downgraded to 1.1.1 from 1.1.2. then down to 1.0.2, Becareful as there are some obsticals. Dont mind the 1015and 1013 errors after restoreing 1.1.1 and 1.0.2.
    Jailbreak and activate 1.0.2 , Once you get your iphone connected to your itunes you will see the update option. hold shift if on a pc and click update and select firmware 1.1.1 (if you have it downloaded.) after the 1.1.1 update. it will be back in recovery mode withe the plug logo on your screen , use ibrikr .91 and hit boot my iphone. it will bring you to a unactivated 1.1.1 screen where you now apply the *307# jailbreakme then oktoprep to go back up to 1.1.2 method. good luck .

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cityrich For This Useful Post:

dvd65 (2007-11-18)

Hey all,
    Sorry, I just can't get to all your questions... Again, send them to [email protected] for a definite response.
    iD2 is doing supremely well, much more so than iD1 did, and the overwhelming responses I'm getting are... well... overwhelming

About the stock SSH password thing: I'm working on it.

And as for the Mac OS X version: As soon as I have a Mac I'll be working on it. I have an iMac around the house to do some preliminary development but I won't make any real progress until I have enough money for a MacBook. If you really, really want me to make a Mac version, donate like $2000 and we'll see . Sorry the Leo wallpapers and all that are so misleading, but I just love the Mac style.

Anshu Chimala
    Follow @anshuchimala on Twitter
    Visit http://www.airpoke.com, my latest project for iPhone/iPod touch.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drakenza For This Useful Post:

auburnguy32 (2007-11-17), Simtech (2007-11-18)

Hey, I have a problem. Whenever I run the virginizer the only thing it shows in putty is access denied? How do I give it permission?

Holy Shoot, I am running 1.1.2 jailbroke syncing fine made calls and text messages no problems. This is awsome. Now can it remove the gray hair I got from the last two days trying to do it the manual way? I am donating right now! I went "I am a risk taker and used the Dev. team break. THANKS again.
    Last edited by kndhadley; 2007-11-17 at 10:02 PM. Reason: forgot to inform.

@kndhadley: Glad to hear it! Enjoy the iPhone!

@auburnguy32: Sounds like you don't have SSH installed or something? Try reinstalling OpenSSH with Installer.app.

Anshu Chimala

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Drakenza For This Useful Post:

Simtech (2007-11-18)

DRAKENZA - emails are bouncing back from the email addy you listed above!

Can someone in my situation who used ID2 post up a tutorial or guide to using ID2

I'm running the following:
    FW 1.0.2
    iTunes 7.4.0.28
    Jailbroken(iBrickr) running AppTapps Installer for Summerboard

Many thanks!
    Last edited by DoubleD; 2007-11-17 at 10:20 PM.

Do I download iDemocracy 2.0 to my wifi laptop? or will the desktop work once I have wifi available for my Iphone 1.0.2 ?

My sons Iphone version says 1.0 is this possible. His was unlocked with Anysim. Will iDemocracy 2.0 work for his iphone?

Quote Originally Posted by mysteria View Post
    u shd be mixing it up with iNdependance =)
    yea you are probably right

Quick update:
    I've got a guy who says he can develop a YouTube video for iD2 so hopefully that will be ready in a little while.
    Also, I'm working on the tutorial guide thing whenever I can but I wouldn't expect that one for a while.

Anshu Chimala

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Drakenza For This Useful Post:

Simtech (2007-11-18)

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

MMi would be happy to make guides. Let me know.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

PSP2006 (2007-11-17)

Quote Originally Posted by auburnguy32 View Post
    Hey, I have a problem. Whenever I run the virginizer the only thing it shows in putty is access denied? How do I give it permission?
    I have open-ssh installed and can get ssh logged in on my Mac but not on my pc with iD2 I keep getting "access denied" also.

Just a quick question when I use cyberduck to access my iPhone I used "dottie" as a password but I keep seeing references to the password being "alpine" Iím a bit confused? Could this be the reason I keep getting "access denied"

Thanks in advance

@ Drakenza - iD2 look's like a great slick app keep up the good work

Looking forward to have it on the mac... Please please mac it PPC compatible =)

Can somebody make a FAQ, how to upgrade from 1.0.2 (unlocked) to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2?
    It sounds all quite difficult and we don't want to be phonelocked or bricked again, now do we?

Well, I have made a few different attempts, but always end up with a 1604 error, and have to use a self made guide to get back to normal.

I am on 1.1.2, I do the proper downgrade, I run AppTapp, I activate the phone via iTunes, I run AppTapp again, it sticks on part 2: Booting phone to normal or something?

This leaves me in recovery mode, and I have to restore in iTunes, then I get the 1604 error and go from there.

I am on a Windows Vista 32-Bit.

Any help?
    Proud MMi Retired Moderator.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

/\ this is pretty much exactly what i'm experiencing.

I keep getting "access denied' do I need to instal SSH on the Iphone?

Hey Drakenza,

How come we can only upload .m4a ringtones? I've been using the alpha iphoneringtonemaker to get them on right now but it can only do one at a time and is really iffy. It allows me to upload .mp3 though.

Do I need to install SSH on my iphone? If yes...How?
    I keep getting Access Denied.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper44 View Post
    Hey Drakenza,

How come we can only upload .m4a ringtones? I've been using the alpha iphoneringtonemaker to get them on right now but it can only do one at a time and is really iffy. It allows me to upload .mp3 though.
    Most likely because ID2 doesn't convert the file, just changes the file's extension & uploads, as in "iphoneringtonemaker" does all the work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Inn View Post
    Do I need to install SSH on my iphone? If yes...How?
    I keep getting Access Denied.
    An explanation of how your getting this error would be helpful.

Nifty
    Last edited by niftymu; 2007-11-18 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default please help lol
    Hi cant get pass number 6 it want symlink for me. Iook at the screen
    shot i made.
    I try to go from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 and it fail so i was left at 1.1.2
    with no hack. I could kill apple for this jk lol.Now i want back to
    1.1.1 I went to 1.0.2 and try to symlink and no good as u see.I do
    have comm sources and bsd sub and openssh too. So if u could help i
    would really appreciated THANK IN AVAN
    http://img187.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_539lo.jpg
    i did email u thanks
    Last edited by spurlock; 2007-11-18 at 02:10 AM.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast