Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.2 unlocked!

wow okay im really confused...can someone who is knowledgeable please sum up everything about the OTB 1.1.2 sim unlock and jailbreak. i've been searching for hours and i'm very confused.

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zdonkey View Post
    wow okay im really confused...can someone who is knowledgeable please sum up everything about the OTB 1.1.2 sim unlock and jailbreak. i've been searching for hours and i'm very confused.
    You can't SIM unlock it. You CAN use TurboSIM to use a different SIM, but TurboSIM is around $80 and tough to find these days. Jailbreak is easy enough, and involves downgrading to 1.1.1, then installing a mod and upgrading back. See the Wiki for the full procedure.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

i have an unlock 1.1.2 and i use my old p&g sim card no probs

Get Stealthsim.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Quote Originally Posted by davy4475 View Post
    i have an unlock 1.1.2 and i use my old p&g sim card no probs
    then it should be UPGRADED, not OTB 1.1.2

Smile eddyx
    Hello everyone!!

I've heard allot about jailbreaking 1.1.2 OTB iphones and not being able to sim unlock them. Also I've heard that 1.1.2 OTB iphones with 4.6 bootloader cant be jailbroken, or so i understood (plz clarify if i'm wrong). My question is how to check wich bootloader my 1.1.2 OTB iphone has and if it can be jailbroken or not. THNX for everything everyone.

i have an otb 1.1.2 and its jailbreak, but i can't unlock it yet.... if you want to do the jailbreak you can go to http://iphone.unlock.no/

hey so you really think it will just be a few more days??? Ive waited over a month really hoping anyday we can unlock 1.1.2......hopingggg

THIS ******* 1.1.2 unlock is taking for ever

THESE bloody dev's just ran with those 100 of thousands bloody bastards.

Hi is the 1.1.2 version unlockable the one from Nov 27th on?, is it 1.1.2 with bootloader 4.6?. Ive bought an Iphone few days back and I want to unlock it.
    Hope to hear some news soon

Quote Originally Posted by torete68 View Post
    Hi is the 1.1.2 version unlockable the one from Nov 27th on?, is it 1.1.2 with bootloader 4.6?. Ive bought an Iphone few days back and I want to unlock it.
    Hope to hear some news soon

Um..not sure if I understand you correctly but.....

If your iPhone has ORGINALLY (OOTB) Firmware 1.1.2 AND Bootloader 4.6, you CANNOT SIM UNLOCK it...You can only JAILBREAK (run 3rd party apps - phone functions will not work). JAILBREAK is done by DOWNGRADING to 1.1.1 and in most cases Downgrading the baseband as well.

If you do NOT want to do this and want a FULLY UNLOCKED, JAILBROKEN 1.1.2 (OOTB) phone, you have 2 solutions ONLY at this point -> TURBOSIM or STEALTHSIM.
    1.1.2FW w/ 4.02.13_G Baseband. Rock Solid!

Yeah stealthsim.

well guys i bit the bullet and copped a turbo sim out here in chinatown, nyc... i love my iphone its back!!!! No more itouch mang... that was pissin me off. Now im going to get another line or something and use it on my dual sim! I say long live turbo sim!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sony311 View Post
    ...If you do NOT want to do this and want a FULLY UNLOCKED, JAILBROKEN 1.1.2 (OOTB) phone, you have 2 solutions ONLY at this point -> TURBOSIM or STEALTHSIM.
    Just to clarify: TurboSIM, StealthSIM, or any of the others DO NOT "fully unlock" the iPhone. Those FOOL the iPhone into thinking it's using an AT&T SIM.

"Fully unlocked" implies that you can pop out your existing SIM, and put in a different carrier's SIM, which you can't do.

Now, if you'd have said "fully WORKING"...that'd be a different story.
    Last edited by HotStuff2; 2007-12-18 at 06:53 PM.

Yeah. ^^

for those concern, i got this from other site: knowing what your bootloder version, check the serial # at the back of your iphone box, if the 4th and 5th number are 45 and above, most probably you got the latest bootloder version, hope this help..

Thos thread is a fooling

Any updated on unlocking an orginal 1.1.2 phone yet?

Banned
    Thanks

there will most likely be an unlock for for 1.1.2 as soon as the next firmware comes out

Quote Originally Posted by AcuraKidd View Post
    there will most likely be an unlock for for 1.1.2 as soon as the next firmware comes out
    I heard a rumor that it would be this week for the firmware?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast