Page 45 of 60 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: vWallpaper video wallpaper released

iPhone? More like MyPhone kainisable's Avatar
    Thanks

I think the SkrewCommon update is needed for itoday,

Display videos on lock screen anyone??

Like What i Said?, Hit The Thanks Button!

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Is anyone able to download either SkrewCommon or vWallpaper? I am trying to set up an iPhone, and although I have added the repo i.danstaface.net it won't load at all. Am I missing something, or is this true for everyone?

bugger!! 1.2 destroyed my iphone it froze after installation, just had spinning wheel for 10mins, did hard reset & now stuck at apple boot logo.

Hmmm, guess ill try ssh to fix, or restore lol

update - ssh'd into phone & fixed
    reinstalled 1.2 - rebooted ok, went to vwallpaper - enabled = on, restart springboard..... crash
    reboot, stuck at apple again

fixed again via ssh

conclusion (Skrew:...)

I can uninstall & reinstall 1.2 package no probs, but on activating vwallpaper, it freezes my phone completely. any ideas?

ps, was working 100% perfect with skrew common 1.0 & vwallpaper 0.8

-- also i should state that "destroyed" is exagerated lol - im fully capable of useing ssh & fixing etc, so my iphone is fine just had to remove 1.2 & vwallpaper for the time being
    Last edited by jtanner; 2008-05-13 at 11:13 AM.
    do'h

can someone please rehost the app on another repo ?

Quote Originally Posted by evojoey View Post
    can someone please rehost the app on another repo ?
    Why? the authors site works fine, i wouldnt recommend installing this from any other source!

If Skrew gives permission then ill host it as a 'backup' incase people cant get it from his...but untill then its his site only!
    do'h

Quote Originally Posted by jtanner View Post
    bugger!! 1.2 destroyed my iphone it froze after installation, jsut had spinning wheel for 10mins, did hard reset & not stuck at apple boot logo.

Hmmm, guess ill try ssh to fix, or restore lol

update - ssh into phone & fixed
    reinstalled 1.2 - rebooted ok, went to vwallpaper - enabled = on, restart springboard..... crash
    reboot, stuck at apple again

fixed again via ssh

conclusion (Skrew:...)

I can uninstall & reinstall 1.2 package no probs, but on activating vwallpaper, it freezes my phone completely. any ideas?

ps, was working 100% perfect with skrew common 1.0 & vwallpaper 0.8
    Same here 1.0 was working fine, upgraded to 1.2 and phone got stuck at startup ssh'ed and fixed it.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

...and the quote now makes me feel stupid!! how many typos can you count in 1 quote lmao
    do'h

Quote Originally Posted by iBlade View Post
    Same here 1.0 was working fine, upgraded to 1.2 and phone got stuck at startup ssh'ed and fixed it.
    iBlade, pls what did you do when u ssh to your phone. I am having the same problem.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Why? the authors site works fine, i wouldnt recommend installing this from any other source!

If Skrew gives permission then ill host it as a 'backup' incase people cant get it from his...but untill then its his site only!
    jtanner, I know you know what you are doing, so I trust what you say... however, I'm no novice either, so I really don't understand this. I am trying to set up a phone, and I have added Skrew's repo to Installer - i.danstaface.net - and it shows it lists it as "uncategorized" and further, it is labeled as "Untitled Source". Neither SkrewCommon or vWallpaper are anywhere to be found in the Install section of Installer. I have deleted the source, hard-rebooted the phone, and then opened Installer and re-added the source - same result. It has been this way for at least three days.

I am open to any suggestions, but it appears that Skrew's site is down, and I have read both here as well as on other forums that report that it is down.

So, are you SURE that Skrew's repo is working and that his site is up? Try just surfing to his web site and see if you get anywhere. Refresh the page to be sure you aren't looking at a cache.

AHAH!! As I was typing this, I beleive I have stumbled upon the problem. I turned my wifi off, and forced a refresh of Installer, and voila - there was Skrew's repo, all fine and working.

I believe the answer is this - I am on Comcast - I think they are blocking his site. When I used Edge, it popped up with no problems. See if this is true for others having the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by okam View Post
    iBlade, pls what did you do when u ssh to your phone. I am having the same problem.
    for me, i used putty, ssh into phone, enter root, then passwor (alpine)
    in terminal window do...

cd /usr/local/bin
    ./ringtoneshook -uninstall

Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    jtanner, I know you know what you are doing, so I trust what you say... however, I'm no novice either, so I really don't understand this. I am trying to set up a phone, and I have added Skrew's repo to Installer - i.danstaface.net - and it shows it lists it as "uncategorized" and further, it is labeled as "Untitled Source". Neither SkrewCommon or vWallpaper are anywhere to be found in the Install section of Installer. I have deleted the source, hard-rebooted the phone, and then opened Installer and re-added the source - same result. It has been this way for at least three days.

I am open to any suggestions, but it appears that Skrew's site is down, and I have read both here as well as on other forums that report that it is down.

So, are you SURE that Skrew's repo is working and that his site is up? Try just surfing to his web site and see if you get anywhere. Refresh the page to be sure you aren't looking at a cache.

AHAH!! As I was typing this, I beleive I have stumbled upon the problem. I turned my wifi off, and forced a refresh of Installer, and voila - there was Skrew's repo, all fine and working.

I believe the answer is this - I am on Comcast - I think they are blocking his site. When I used Edge, it popped up with no problems. See if this is true for others having the same problem.
    Again, im having no probs what so ever site works, as does repo
    Last edited by jtanner; 2008-05-13 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    do'h

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jtanner For This Useful Post:

okam (2008-05-13)

Skrew, your autolock seems to work now - but only because you seem to 'force' it. I've got autolock set to 'never', but if I'm on the springboard, it still autolocks (but not when I'm on any other screen). Could you fix this please?

Quote Originally Posted by jrentzke View Post
    Skrew, your autolock seems to work now - but only because you seem to 'force' it. I've got autolock set to 'never', but if I'm on the springboard, it still autolocks (but not when I'm on any other screen). Could you fix this please?
    Now thats interesting!! i have my auto-lock to never too!! i havent managed to get 1.2 working properly yet on mine. but if this is the case thats gonna bug me too lol
    do'h

Quote Originally Posted by imbuggin View Post
    THE SKEWCOMMON 1.2 messed up my vwallpaper from working!! It was working perfect until the update. Anyone else?
    The ringtone hook does not seem to get installed in the Springboard.plist with installer. To fix it do this:

ssh into your phone
    cd /usr/local/bin
    ./ringtoneshook -install
    reboot

This will install the hook in the Springboard.plist and reboot the phone.
    vWallpaper will now work.

For those getting stuck at the apple logo:

ssh into your phone
    cd /usr/local/bin
    ./ringtoneshook -uninstall
    reboot

Your phone will boot up normally, but vWallpaper won't work.
    No need to do a restore.

Quote Originally Posted by okam View Post
    I deleted the screw....plist in var/mobile/Library/Preferences to fix startup problem.
    PS: I just ried different options, screwcommon 1.2 with itoday 0.1 works but vWallpaper with screwcommon 1.2 does not. vWallpaper seems to work only with screwcommon 1.0.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to iBlade For This Useful Post:

okam (2008-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by iBlade View Post
    I deleted the screw....plist in var/mobile/Library/Preferences to fix startup problem.
    PS: I just ried different options, screwcommon 1.2 with itoday 0.1 works but vWallpaper with screwcommon 1.2 does not. vWallpaper seems to work only with screwcommon 1.0.
    Bugger! lol i did wonder havent had chance to play nemore yet...gotta wait till after work really (kinda sux when these "job" things get in teh way lol)

good spot tho iBlade... i knew it killed vwallpaper but hadnt tried itoday yet
    do'h

I've got both iToday & vWallpaper working with skrewcommon 1.2.
    The problem (I think) seems to be the amount of 'hooks' present in /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.SpringBoard.plist.
    I could also only get iToday to work with skrewcommon 1.2. Then I deleted the hook installed for HWPen & rebooted. Both iToday & vWallpaper worked fine then. Now there's nothing wrong with HWPen, and it would also have worked if I deleted any of the other hooks (AdBlock, iBlacklist, etc.), but HWPen was the one I did not really need.
    Maybe a dev can tell us more about the hooks - there seems to be a couple of progs that installs them (Summerboard, iBlacklist, Kate, AdBlock, Skrewcommon, HWPen, to name a few...) and there seems to be a limit to the amount of hooks - maybe memory or stack related?
    Last edited by jrentzke; 2008-05-13 at 03:30 PM.

I've got both iToday & vWallpaper working with skrewcommon 1.2.
    The problem (I think) seems to be the amount of 'hooks' present in /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.SpringBoard.plist.
    I could also only get iToday to work with skrewcommon 1.2. Then I deleted the hook installed for HWPen & rebooted. Both iToday & vWallpaper worked fine then. Now there's nothing wrong with HWPen, and it would also have worked if I deleted any of the other hooks (iBirthDay, iBlacklist, etc.), but HWPen was the one I did not really need.
    Maybe a dev can tell us more about the hooks - there seems to be a couple of progs that installs them (Summerboard, iBirthday, Kate, AdBlock, Skrewcommon, HWPen, to name a few...) and there seems to be a limit to the amount of hooks - maybe memory or stack related?
    So, whats your firmware, which unlock did you use, and how many hooks do you have running?

im on 1.1.4 ZiPhone'd, only hooks i know of running are Summerboard, Kate, & Taskbar Notifier oh & Swirly MMS (i think)
    do'h

So, whats your firmware, which unlock did you use, and how many hooks do you have running?

im on 1.1.4 ZiPhone'd, only hooks i know of running are Summerboard, Kate, & Taskbar Notifier oh & Swirly MMS (i think)
    Firmware 114. Originally used ZiPhone, but then redid it all with the PwnageTool to get my bootloader back up to 4.6.

Hooks:
    SummerBoard
    iBlacklist
    MobileEnhancer (Kate)
    AdBlock
    RingtonesHook

I'm also running Taskbar notifier & swirlyMMS, but they don't install a hook into the SpringBoard.plist.

When installer runs the Skrewcommon 1.2 update, the ringtoneshook does not seem to be added to the SummerBoard.plist. So you have to ssh & install it yourself.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to jrentzke For This Useful Post:

jtanner (2008-05-13)

Firmware 114. Originally used ZiPhone, but then redid it all with the PwnageTool to get my bootloader back up to 4.6.

Hooks:
    SummerBoard
    iBlacklist
    MobileEnhancer (Kate)
    AdBlock
    RingtonesHook

I'm also running Taskbar notifier & swirlyMMS, but they don't install a hook into the SpringBoard.plist.

When installer runs the Skrewcommon 1.2 update, the ringtoneshook does not seem to be added to the SummerBoard.plist. So you have to ssh & install it yourself.
    well, i tried again and use the commands you gave to install the hook into springboard, still buggered lol.

As soon as i enable the vwallpaper and hit "restart springboard" it messes it up & needs a hard reset! then i just get apple on reboot lol

(ssh'd & fixed)

i wonder whats causing it though?
    do'h

for some reason the app isn't showing up in installer, even with the i.danstaface.net repo. is it down?

Page 45 of 60 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast