Page 36 of 60 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: vWallpaper video wallpaper released

screw common is it at 1.0 or 1.1

As i said on my site, do not use other repo than mine!
    If you've installed a "custom" distribution of my app somewhere and update from other repo, it can crash your iphone!

Don't forget this application use injection of code so a little error and you are screwed!

BTW, as i already said, just wait application uninstall itself at boot and your iphone will come back...
    iPhone 4 / iPad 2
    http://i.danstaface.net

well just to clarify, i dont host vwallpaper or the common files on my repo.... so its not mine screwing it up!

Quote Originally Posted by jtanner View Post
    well just to clarify, i dont host vwallpaper or the common files on my repo.... so its not mine screwing it up!
    i only reply to coachballfirm....
    iPhone 4 / iPad 2

damn it..well im there then...now i uninstalled vwallpapers and now i tried to do same to common but it tells me i need to install common....but im trying to uninstall it wierd.

oh and during this all i have a video playing in backround and vwall. is not installed..wierd..now i have all uninstalled all and i am going to star over from beging
    Last edited by coachballfirm; 2008-05-04 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

errrr... i think you have it installed twice now!
    one time from another repo and one time from original repo or something like this ...

try to uninstall by hand:

ssh in root :

cd /usr/local/bin
    ./ringtoneshook -uninstall

and copy/paste here results
    iPhone 4 / iPad 2

7. The Following User Says Thank You to skrew For This Useful Post:

hawpunch (2008-05-05)

so i install common 1.1 first then vwall. right?

yep but be sure other/older are completly gone before!
    iPhone 4 / iPad 2

Hi Skrew,
    I do have a question if you don't mind. I am running v0.8 on my 1.1.3 and when I restart my phone I get a fast flicker on the springboard till I put it in sleep and turn on again. This happens only one time, after that I can put it in standby and wake again with no problems. This happens only when I restart the phone. Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

just upgraded skrewcommon and vwallpaper to their latest versions released last night/this morning and my phone is pretty skrewed. cant put the phone to sleep, cant open any apps on the phone, both default and custom ones.

Quote Originally Posted by skrew View Post
    i only reply to coachballfirm....
    sorry, i didnt imply you meant me, i was just stating in case anyone thought my repo was to blame, which it isnt since i dont host your program.

i did everything, installed common 1.1 then update vwallpaper to 0.8 and rebooted....but now the screen stucks at the apple logo and stays there...bricked! i connect the phone to my itune and iphone pc suite, both are able to detect my phone and im able to access everything in my phone, and i tried calling my phone and it went thru. but my phone is still on the apple logo screen!! help help anyone??

man im screwd i did what you said and deleted file and i restarted my phone and the same thing happened with flashes and apple logo..on off,on off,on off..now i am going to try to uninstall everything related to vwallpapers and this guys repo...and start from scratch and see what happen i will report in a hot min..

my phone mysteriously went back to normal after being 'bricked' for 15mins or so. uninstalled common and vwallpaper and everything works fine again. guess im gonna stay away from it for now....

foraken : good decision .. btw sorry
    iPhone 4 / iPad 2

now my apps and phone wont work nothing works now i ccant get anything to work...i cant use anthing not even installer. how do i shh and delete what files to make my phone work.

Quote Originally Posted by foraken68 View Post
    i did everything, installed common 1.1 then update vwallpaper to 0.8 and rebooted....but now the screen stucks at the apple logo and stays there...bricked! i connect the phone to my itune and iphone pc suite, both are able to detect my phone and im able to access everything in my phone, and i tried calling my phone and it went thru. but my phone is still on the apple logo screen!! help help anyone??
    I had the exact same thing happen...really frustrating. Anyhow, I ran ziphone 3.0 to jailbreak the phone again. This allowed for all of the 3rd party apps to stay on the phone and everything is back to normal. I am just uninstalling the video wallpaper program for now...

Okay, I lied...everything looks fine but none of the programs run...looks like I will need to do a complete restore...
    Last edited by daz23; 2008-05-04 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skrew View Post
    foraken : good decision .. btw sorry
    hey bro, no need to apologise...you did a great job. it was a killer app. if 0.6 or 0.7 is on the repo, i will still install it, everything was fine with 0.6 for me. Keep up the work...look forward to your future updates!

ok i deactived this package for now...
    i had once again checked all :
    - uninstalling
    - reinstalling
    -with or without vwallpaper enabled
    rebooted each time and no problem

So i look for ppl who want to give me some times for testing

@coachballfirm: i already gived informations: look at post @706
    Last edited by skrew; 2008-05-04 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone 4 / iPad 2

I had an issue with v wallpaper
    my screen was flickerring for 10secs and it wouldn't let me tap any apps or system icons
    and also wouldn't even let me put iphone in sleep state (top button)
    I logged on through winscp and deleted by hand the vwallpaper directory
    and logged on throught putty
    and entered the following commands
    cd /usr/local/bin
    ./ringtoneshook -uninstall
    reboot

my iphone Is now A ok
    I uninstalled all vwallpaper related packages from installer, rebooted and made a new clean Install of vwallpaper and runtimes
    vwallpaper now works a treat!

Page 36 of 60 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast