Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Awesome instant Jailbreak for iPhone and iPod Touch

Has any1 tried to do this from the activate through itunes start screen by accessing the safari browser through contacts behind the emergency call app?

I tried this with no luck usin ijailbreak. Some1 should give it ago, it may make it possible to jailbreak an unactivated iPhone so that u can activate thru independence without downgrading...

Now that wud b ingenious

If u want to try this there is a tutorial sum where google it or search the forums

It goes sumthin along the lines of press *#307# then call then delete that number using the back button in the right top corner then type 0 and call then answer then hold then decline and contacts shud come up make a new contact nd tha address above then save nd click on it the screen shud freeze up afta an error press home nd quicky select ur acess point make sure it is open as u cant type in a key then ur screen shud freeze up on try emergency call restart nd ur phone should b connected to ur wifi follow the steps above to get bak to contacts nd click on tha link hopefully the page will load nd u can try appsnap

Post corrections if necessary thats off tha top of my head

Quote Originally Posted by Tomer View Post
    thats a web based applications :] yay
    sry if someone said that already xD
    were can i get that web base app. whats the name of it and do you have a download link so i can use it on windows xp

thanks
    mike

i have a problem everythign works great but for some reason you tub always says cannot vonnect to you tube anybody has any idea? i am so frustrated aftyer all it workes ao great and now this , please can someone help me , can i use apptapp i did this before when i was stuck during upgrade downgrade will that activate you tube or will i loose everything again?
    Last edited by millchen; 2007-10-30 at 12:53 AM.

Haha well theres my answer has any1 tried this? Does it activate ur phone also?

password is now - alpine
    Johnny Cage is a FAKE

ok ok ok so whats the deal, does this work or not? i habe a phone that was once upon a time 1.1.1 unlocked and jailbrok, unlocked with iphonsimfree. i then restored to 1.0.2 (dont ask why). i am now fine on 1.0.2 but would love to get back to 1.1.1. anyone know if i use jailbreakme.com if it will work totally, keep my phoneunlocked and not screw up read/write, summerboard etc? seems like after reading these posts that it works, SORT of. Does it or doesnt it?

Default Jailbreakme, great!!! BUT...
    how do i get the apps from ModMyIphone into my iPhone?? I added it into my sources but it only shows me the apps from AppTapp.

OK, I got it to load. I had to use WIFI to do it. Can you not use Edge? Anyway, I installed some apps but none work. They all go into the program and kick back out.
    Any tips?
    Thanks!

i'm getting the same problem.

Does anybody knows about any other sources to get apps??
    Last edited by Jonny; 2007-10-30 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by mrfizzed View Post
    ok ok ok so whats the deal, does this work or not? i habe a phone that was once upon a time 1.1.1 unlocked and jailbrok, unlocked with iphonsimfree. i then restored to 1.0.2 (dont ask why). i am now fine on 1.0.2 but would love to get back to 1.1.1. anyone know if i use jailbreakme.com if it will work totally, keep my phoneunlocked and not screw up read/write, summerboard etc? seems like after reading these posts that it works, SORT of. Does it or doesnt it?
    I wrote some posts back. I now have upgraded and unlocked successfully. I had an 1.02 iPhone unlocked with Anysim and then unlocked with iphonesimfree v1.5 (paid unlocking method) over the top (don't ask why). I decided to run iphonesimfree v1.6 over v1.5 and then restore and upgrade to 1.1.1 via itunes. I was still worried that there would be remnants of Anysim and by not revirginizing my iphone I'd brick it. But this was not the case. It upgraded fine and I jailbroke it using the method on this thread and unlocked to with the latest iphonesimfree unlocker (v1.7). It syncs fine with itunes but I haven't yet had the chance to install a swag of apps. Just wanted to share my experience incase it helps someone.

I figure 15 tries is enough.

It's obviously not going to work for me. Stuck in 1.1.1 land until someone gets any bright ideas as to why it does nothing at all on my freshly restored 1.1.1 iphone.

gametroll, sad gametroll

Default Wow
    OMG this worked so perfectly, I am now on 1.1 with Everthing back 100% thank you so very much you all are geniousssssess!!!

Does anyone know if the method on http://jailbreakme.com/safari.html activates the phone without the need of a sim card??? i have 1.0.2 with apps but i dont have a sim card and im on xp.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brathamike View Post
    were can i get that web base app. whats the name of it and do you have a download link so i can use it on windows xp

thanks
    mike
    yes, go to safari and go to www.jailbreakme.com thats it..

Hi Poetic_Folly,

Firstly, thanks for this news... From the number of posts here you can see how much of a stir it has made.

I also read your excellent 4 part guide for virginizing the 1.0.2 and upgrading to 1.1.1 using a Mac.

I've read every one of the posts, many people happy some people confused.

I believe that many 1.0.2 people with unlocked phones are worried and just want the cleanset description of how to upgrade their phones to 1.1.1 working with non ATT sims. (apologies to all those who are happily using ATT) :-)

So here is my question:
    If I do the following will my phone be 1.1.1 and unlocked (able to use a non ATT SIM)?
    1- Virginize my unlocked 1.0.2 phone.
    2- Simply connect my phone to iTunes and have it upgrade my phone to 1.1.1
    3- Run this software.

If not, I know MANY of us Windows users would appreciate a guide similar to the 4-part guide thaht you did for Mac users.

I know those guides take a very long time and effort to do (I'm really not blowing smoke) but you have no idea how much they really help those of us who are not so 'savy' with the iPhone unlocking/upgrading...

Many thanks in advance,
    J.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomer View Post
    yes, go to safari and go to www.jailbreakme.com thats it..
    hello thats not what im talking about i have that installed..but what im looking for is something like a ftp program that i can just get into my iphone

Quote Originally Posted by brathamike View Post
    hello thats not what im talking about i have that installed..but what im looking for is something like a ftp program that i can just get into my iphone
    Try WinSCP... seems to work for others on this post.
    winscp.net/eng/index.php

19. The Following User Says Thank You to johncunha For This Useful Post:

brathamike (2007-10-30)

Quote Originally Posted by johncunha View Post
    Try WinSCP... seems to work for others on this post.
    winscp.net/eng/index.php
    great thanks im going to see how this does

mike

Quote Originally Posted by gametroll View Post
    I figure 15 tries is enough.

It's obviously not going to work for me. Stuck in 1.1.1 land until someone gets any bright ideas as to why it does nothing at all on my freshly restored 1.1.1 iphone.

gametroll, sad gametroll
    I was having the same problem. Just keep going back to the link in Safari and clicking the link. It'll work sooner or later. Just give it a few minutes between tries.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast