Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Awesome instant Jailbreak for iPhone and iPod Touch

Quote Originally Posted by LukaBrazi View Post
    YouTube says: "cannot play video".... anyone have ideas?
    If i restore it will it work again?
    This is what a few of us were just complaining about above you. Appearently a restore works... I haven't done it yet because last night YouTube worked for 1 video. Then stopped again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i did a hard reset and its still not there. any ideas? im using wifi, i have all the requirements. why wont it install!?lol

Update:

Restored the phone to new... had to have Apple's help since it froze the first time.

Still no YouTube. Found out its a problem on YT's end, not ours. The website doesn't have anything wrong with it connected to YT [as far as I can tell for ATT cust. and not still 'locked']

iPhone? More like MyPhone spongebobiwan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dallasnights View Post
    Can someone figure out how to hack the volume on speakerphone, earpeice and BT, its still way too low, otherwise all works fantastic, what a find, good job!

BTW my phone was a stock phone 1.02 firmware, updated in Itunes and WALA went to your site, loaded all the programs, used WINSCP to put my apps back!

Thanks
    http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9023
    Last edited by spongebobiwan; 2007-11-01 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by rfracing View Post
    That seems to be 1.1.1 and the updates, no way to change. Made to fit the rest of the side scrolling the Iphone does. Once you get used to it you'll like it better....
    SUCK!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Batson For This Useful Post:

zoidberg md (2007-11-01)

I've installed installer having lastest software and itunes on iphone but now it has made it every slow. What i mean is when I scroll or change screens or jump to SMS,PHONE,YOUTUBE, it freezes than it goes back to home screen. All i wanna do is put games and customize it my way. By the way what is BSD Systems and whats it used for?

Default FOR THOSE WHO CANT GET YOUTUBE WORKING with this jailbreak
    im on the new jailbreakme.com method aswell and i got my youtube to work.
    Guide is as follows
    for youtube fix:
    get read/write access through winSCP(or mac software equivalent)

in that software navigate to this path:
    /private/var/root/Library/Lockdown

and then stop...download http://www.modmyi.com/forums/attachm...4&d=1192357896

this file contains 3 files inwhich you need to copy into that directory
    /private/var/root/Library/Lockdown

***make sure you back up your files, in case something goes wrong...***

still in this directory:/private/var/root/library/lockdown
    and you will see a folder that says something like "activation records"
    DELETE THIS FOLDER yet again back up these files for security reasons.

save this and restart you iphone.
    this worked for me, 3 times, i like to restore and rejail my phone just to try and jailbreak it again, to see what kind of errors i run into, so i will learn how to fix them, and this worked all three times i have restored and re broke my phone to get you tube to work.

**IF YOU WANT TO MOVE THIS POST TO THE CORRECT THREAD** but ive noticed that alot of confusion with this jailbreakme.com method that people say that there youtube dont work. This will fix it.
    Johnny Cage is a FAKE

iPhone? More like MyPhone spongebobiwan's Avatar
    Thanks

Since most people using this jailbreak are using WiFi, I have one question about it. I have a wireless router that I have secured with a key. Is it necessary to "unsecure" my router to proceed with this jailbreak. I am concerned that once I begin this process, I will lose my WiFi due to it being secured. My iPhone was bought on iDay, updated to 1.0.1 when it came out, then 1.0.2 when it came out, and jailbroken and 3rd party apps installed. It has never been unlocked, btw. I then inadvertently updated to 1.1.1 thinking I would still be able to run 3rd party apps. Obviously, I was not able to, so I downgraded back to 1.0.2 with the 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 downgrade/jailbreak method using apptap, which is the current status of my iPhone.

So again, I am wondering if once I delete all my 3p apps, restore, update to 1.1.1, if I will lose my ability to connect to my secured WiFi and should I un-secure it before I begin this process?

Quote Originally Posted by spongebobiwan View Post
    Is it necessary to "unsecure" my router to proceed with this jailbreak.
    No. As long as you can provide the correct password during the process, you should be ok.
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

iPhone? More like MyPhone zoidberg md's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Batson View Post
    SUCK!!

Nicely put!

LOL, and a "thanks" (for the LOL)
    (Fancy quote from a dead guy...)

Show your appreciation by using the button.

Make.SURE.You.""

guys pls help me here i got jailbreaked form the instant jail break and i have installed openssh i am not able login in winscp it says the password is wrong
    the password i have enterd is dottie
    pls help me is there any another passowrd for 1.1.1 to login to winscp

dottie is for 1.0.2
    alpine is for 1.1.1
    Sydney, Australia

14. The Following User Says Thank You to truenorth For This Useful Post:

hat (2007-11-01)

thanks alot apperciated for fast help

thanks a million

Hi guys. I have been following the forum for a while now and have really appreciated all your efforts.

Anyways yesterday I got my new iPhone and I managed to jailbreak it in under 5mins straight out of the box. But now I am stuck.

How do you get anySIM onto the phone. Do I have to use SSH and Fugu (I'm on a mac). If so what are the necessary steps?

Thanks very much for all your hep guys. And thank you tons for the easy jailbreak.

Here's a good guide. I think you will be in step #3.
    Last edited by truenorth; 2007-11-01 at 11:43 AM.
    Sydney, Australia

18. The Following User Says Thank You to truenorth For This Useful Post:

paintsimonk (2008-02-08)

Thanks Truenorth but I was kind of after a bit more guidance in using Fugu. I tried this morning and couldn't connect to my iphone, wasn't sure what to put in Fugu.

Anyone else know how to do this?

Thanks

Default help with error message bout YT?
    I have done this and got it to work except for youtube. this is the message i get when i open you tube (or attempt to)

You must first connect to iTunes with an internet connection to enable YouTube.

Anyone else get this, anyone else know how to fix it?

Default help...
    Hi guys,

I've read most of the postesbut i have not seen anyone address this issue.

I ran ijailbreakme.com. Worked great, ALL of my applications worked, even youtube is working fine with no problems.

The pproblem I am having is that customize wont re-arrange the icons.
    when i go to re-arrange them in the customize menu, it looks like the are arranged the way i want them, but when i hit "save" it cycles through like it is saving the arrangement, but when i slide to unlock, they arent arranged where i want them,

any suggestions.... ????

please help

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

wow awesome
     Think Different

Smile Perfect!!!
    Thanks for posting this! :-) I Also habe some problems with the Customize and rearrenge of the icons. And if the language is set to german, a lot of the icons won't display the special Wallpaper icons. But I am still very very happy!!!
    Last edited by ratko; 2007-11-01 at 02:02 PM.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast