Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: fw 1.2 leaked.

I pwned my iPhone from 1.1.4 to 2.0 firmware without any issues but takes ages to power off and no installer.

Besides that worked out for me.

( * NEEDS NEW INSTALLER.APP FOR 2.0 * )

Thanks

It might take a while though to port Installer to 2.0.
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

Quote Originally Posted by stansfro View Post
    I've just installed the 2.0 firmware on my iPhone using Pwnage - all went well, and seems to work. I have full phone usage and have even uploaded a sample app built with the latest beta SDK - works fine (and no, I'm not in the USA)!

The only issue I've seen so far is that it takes ages for the phone to switch off and on. Also, there is no installer loaded by Pwnage - I just used SSH to get the app loaded from the SDK

I'll play a little more this afternoon and see how it goes
    Well 1.2 is still extremely buggy. And because of the new frameworks, Installer is not ready because it hasnt been adapated yet.

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionarymc View Post
    What improvements are on this new fw?
    All 1.2 has it what the videos show, but no App Store or iTunes Store. Also, from what people have said, the amount of bugs and overall problems running the FW on their phone outweigh having it...
    Last edited by ajl917; 2008-04-04 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

would it be possable to take the calculator app from 2.0 and use it on 1.1.4?

can someone please upload the calcuator from 2.0

cheers

Hey, i cant find it on pirate bay please help. what do i search for?

Quote Originally Posted by deck View Post
    would it be possable to take the calculator app from 2.0 and use it on 1.1.4?

can someone please upload the calcuator from 2.0

cheers
    The frameworks are compltely different, so you cant move any app from 2.0 to a lower firmware; vice versa...

iPhone? More like MyPhone screamo's Avatar
    Thanks

Has the iphone firmware only been leaked?? Or has the ipod touch's 1.2 firmware been leaked as well?
    Please don't stop the music

2.0 Beta was worth it for me it synced with our exchange server at work,I can finally drop the curve. Contacts and calendar synced with Outlook, and push email works great. Oh im on T-Mobile USA.

Quote Originally Posted by screamo View Post
    Has the iphone firmware only been leaked?? Or has the ipod touch's 1.2 firmware been leaked as well?
    The torrent has both iPhone and iTouch 1.2 Beta in it...

why no App Store? i tried putting it on but no luck any ideas?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ralph franco View Post
    why no App Store? i tried putting it on but no luck any ideas?
    you need a different build of the fw
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

It would be nice if a developer could just post the App and iTunes stores for use to manually add because Im pretty sure SSH works with 2.0...

Does the 802.11x support work with the leaked firmware on an iPod without it being jailbreaked?

My iPhone is a Part of Me m3thodandr3d's Avatar
    Thanks

Well if you wanted to, you could just install the toolchain under windows with cygwin. Do a makefile on vfdecrypt with the 2.0 key. Decrypt the dmg with vfdecrypt.exe. Extract the dmg contents with HFSexplorer and try to ssh the apps over. I haven't had much time to reinstall the toolchain on my machine, as I just restored a few days ago.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

some of you need to slow down. the only reason worth upgrading is if you use exchange or create 2.0 apps. Other than that there is absolutely no reason to update. you want see anything new but compatibility problems. think.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12