Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Interface Builder Help

Default Interface Builder Help
    Hi,
    I was just wondering if anyone has found out how to implement an interface built by Interface Builder into the xcode project.

I have tried modifying the AppDelegate.m to this (see below),

Code:
    - (void)applicationDidFinishLaunching:(UIApplication *)application {	
    self.window = [[[NSBundle mainBundle] loadNibNamed:@”MainWindow” owner:self options:nil] objectAtIndex:0];
    [window makeKeyAndVisible]; 
    }
    but I have had no success. I get compiler errors, but yet i cant see anything wrong with it.

Does anyone have any tips on how to get this working?

Thanks

Can someone just point me in the right direction? That is all I need
    Last edited by alexskiing; 2008-03-30 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

go to /Developer/Applications

Interface Builder will be there.
    hit thanks if thanks are due.

Cocoa Touch Support
    FAQ: How do I configure my Cocoa Touch application to load a NIB file automatically?

Add a new key to your Info.plist called NSMainNibFile.

The value of this key should be a string containing the name of the nib file you would like to use—such as "MainWindow".

The naming convention of this nib is typically along the lines of MainWindow.

The .nib extension is not required in the Info.plist.
    "Beware the voice without a face."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to spliket For This Useful Post:

alexskiing (2008-03-31)

Thank you very much, i will try that. I will report my findings in the morning.

Ok. what i found was that that method does not work. when I add the string to the info.plist it seems to have not effect. I also tried putting the code i had in testAppDelagate.m back in, but with no success.
    I dont know quite what is going wrong, but thanks for the suggestions. If anyone has any more, please tell me.
    Last edited by alexskiing; 2008-03-31 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Did you remove all the other stuff that was already in there? (the view commands and such) Because I have what you have and it works.