Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple contacted ME!

Default Apple contacted ME!
    I just got an email from an Apple recruiter saying that they want me to work for Apple. And it came from an @apple.com email address. I was wondering if anyone else got an email similar to this. Please respond.

Swell

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

wow that was real mean ^^^
    WHOPS WRONG GUY
    O yer congratulations ^^^his just jealous^^^^
    Last edited by heath_rox; 2008-03-29 at 05:37 AM.
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heath_rox For This Useful Post:

hippie_man (2008-03-31), swell (2008-03-29)

Thanks

you could at least congratulate him!
    even if it is fake its only nice manners.
    how would you feel if you were all exited and told us and all we siad was "so what your not famous no one knows what you made its defently fake"
    and "there not very good apps that you spent your time on"
    besides random wallpaper changer was one of the most requested apps

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heath_rox For This Useful Post:

OK i dont care what wephone says but he does sound like a real a-hole. the reason i posted this was not for congratulations, even though it is nice to know there are nice people, but to find out if this is fake. OK wephone i want to see one of your fake Apple emails that were sent from a @apple.com email address. also google this name "Phyllis Metzger" because thats who its from. in the email she said that she was an Apple Recruiter. google that name and it will come up with a job profile stating that she is a Senor Recruiter in San Francisco.

thanks Heath_Rox for not trying to shatter my dreams or anything like some people. haha jk

Swell

P.S. I don't think this will work out if it is real though, im a freshmen in high school.hahaha
    Last edited by swell; 2008-03-29 at 05:59 AM.

Here it is:

Lyndell,

I am a recruiter at Apple Computer working with the iPhone Development Group. We are looking for talented developers who have demonstrated ability to think out of the box. You are one of those folks. We have multiple openings in iPhone and there may be synergy here in what we are looking for and what you like to do. If you are interested in hearing more, please respond with a number and best time to call.

Best regards,
    Phyllis Metzger
    Apple Recruiter

the only thing fishy is the Apple COMPUTER as they dropped the name, but i dont think a recruiter would know that.

Did you google the name?
    Last edited by swell; 2008-03-29 at 08:21 AM.

I'm waiting for your email ADDRES not that email that was sent. It's easy to spoof an email then google for known Apple recruiters then to send a fake email.

why do you need my email address? im not giving you my passwords. well i guess i could change it real quick. ill get back to you on that. here's a screenshot of Mail just to help convince you.

http://lyndellwiggins.com/Picture%202.png

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swell View Post
    OK i dont care what wephone says but he does sound like a real a-hole. the reason i posted this was not for congratulations, even though it is nice to know there are nice people, but to find out if this is fake. OK wephone i want to see one of your fake Apple emails that were sent from a @apple.com email address. also google this name "Phyllis Metzger" because thats who its from. in the email she said that she was an Apple Recruiter. google that name and it will come up with a job profile stating that she is a Senor Recruiter in San Francisco.

thanks Heath_Rox for not trying to shatter my dreams or anything like some people. haha jk

Swell

P.S. I don't think this will work out if it is real though, im a freshmen in high school.hahaha
    ha im a freshman 2

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heath_rox For This Useful Post:

Dude thats cool. i dont think mr. ijealousandthinkthatimalwaysright has anything to say after that screenshot.

Thanks

yer i think you pwnd him with that picture

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heath_rox For This Useful Post:

i mean i didnt really care at first what he thought, but then he said i lied about it and made it up. i dont like that S***. haha.

Well now that thats done im gone.

Later,

Swell

iPhone? More like MyPhone scottvalentine's Avatar
    Thanks

ummm.....just call her telephone number and tell us what she says. Thats pretty cool!
    There are No stupid questions, Only stupid people

she said to email her. im going to email her tomorrow after i talk to my dad about it. i hope that something good comes from this.

LOL. You know you HAVE to be 18 by law to work for Apple, right?

Are you really this dumb. I need to know what your email address IS. And that picture proves nothing - at all. Google "email spoofing" to see how easy that is. You REALLY are a retarded little kid.

Yo guys are idiots.
    Last edited by wePhone; 2008-03-29 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

dude im not asking you to believe me, i dont care. just go away. and yes i did know there was an age limit, i just thought it was pretty dang cool to get an email like that. i hope your happy with yourself to know that you just tried to break somebodys hopes down just because you suck *** at everything you do. but i really dont care if you believe me, just quit replying.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to swell For This Useful Post:

Hagge10 (2008-04-02)

iPhone? More like MyPhone gavko's Avatar
    Thanks

to swell: he meant that its really easy to send you fake mail in name of apple recruiter.he never said that you are making it up... and he wanted your email address to send you some examples of his fake mails from "apple"
    ...and to wephone: com'on man, do you really have to be so nasty if you see that he just didnt get your point???
    peace people

dude im not asking you to believe me, i dont care. just go away. and yes i did know there was an age limit, i just thought it was pretty dang cool to get an email like that. i hope your happy with yourself to know that you just tried to break somebodys hopes down just because you suck *** at everything you do. but i really dont care if you believe me, just quit replying.
    Awwwww, is little Lyndell going to cry?

Well even if it is someone else messing with me i doubt they would put a phone number up there. imma call it tomorrow and see whats going on.

iPhone? More like MyPhone gavko's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah just give it a try.good luck buddy.and keep up the good work

Well even if it is someone else messing with me i doubt they would put a phone number up there. imma call it tomorrow and see whats going on.
    Well it's either:

1) Easily found on the internet
    2) You STUPIDLY gave out a Apple Reps phone number.

Good job...dumbass.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast