Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Share official iPhone SDK?

Default Share official iPhone SDK?
    Hi,

as I understand you are allowed to use up to 5 iPhones for development, if you are accepted for the 99$ developers program.

For those, who are not accepted so far (like me), but interested in running apps/games on real phones, it would be very helpful, if someone, who doesn't use all of the licenses could share the unused licenses. Or - if this is impossible for some reasons - at least offer the service to test new apps on the real device upon request.

Don't get me wrong: i don't want to do anything illegal, I'm just looking for a way to test my created apps on a real device without waiting until late june.

@all users with access to the $99-program: do you think there is a way to co-operate?

Regards
    lumpie

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's my understanding that the license is very specific as to which phones it can be used with. They definitely have to be owned by the licensee, for example.

As for testing outside apps, I believe that's prohibited also.

Craig

How about we do it anyway

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

im lost? what does this all mean?

iPhone? More like MyPhone mfleigle's Avatar
    Thanks

You cannot share it yet, but maybe by this weekend a unlocked version will appear:
    http://www.iphoneatlas.com/2008/03/2...publicly-soon/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mfleigle View Post
    You cannot share it yet, but maybe by this weekend a unlocked version will appear:
    http://www.iphoneatlas.com/2008/03/2...publicly-soon/
    thats cool^^^ but i hav AT&T so i couldnt update even if it did get leaked
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

Thanks for the link, I found this one:
    http://www.iphoneatlas.com/2008/03/1...h-screenshots/

[...]
    Teams
    If you are accepted into the program, you can invite colleagues to join your “team,” allowing these collegaues to create their own development certificates, access the beta software and run development routines.

No limit on provisioned devices
    Provisioning profiles are files that associates device IDs and development certificates, allowing the iPhone OS 2.0 beta and applications built with Xcode to be installed to devices. There is no limit to the number of provisioning profiles the Team Admin can create for the team, but each profile can only specify 1-5 device IDs.
    [...]

So, can I join someones "team"?

Regards,
    lumpie

Ok I have the 2.0 beta software but Apple is very serious about only letting the developer have all 5 liscences their agreement says that if you break that rule it will be taken away from you. What I can do is you can send me your app and I can test it for you and post screenshots and let you know how it works.

Ive got the beta and my att service still works i dont know why everyone thinks that phone service stops working.

Quote Originally Posted by Chase817 View Post
    Last edited by btnnaz; 2008-03-27 at 05:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

WTH!??! NICE CAN YOU POST LIKE A YOUTUBE VID OR PICS ON HERE THAT WOULD BE AMAZING, I HAVE A QUESTION?? How does apple give you the file do you download it or is it a disc and do you have it on your computer???
    iPhone 4, Yellow Custom Glass, 32GB, 4.3.3, non-working home button. And a prototype iPhone 4 White.
    Main Computer:MacBook Unibody Plastic, 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 250x2GB, Red glowing Apple.
    Water Damaged iPhone? Don't throw it away; iPhone Motherboard washing tutorial!!! (PM me I will do it for you)

iPhone? More like MyPhone mfleigle's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chase817 View Post
    I also use AT&T, but I had to use IPSF to unbrick my phone last October. I think you could use free unlocking (ZiPhone) though

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lumpie View Post
    If you are accepted into the program, you can invite colleagues to join your “team,” allowing these collegaues to create their own development certificates, access the beta software and run development routines.
    I'd be very interested to know how Apple defines a "colleague." You'll also notice if you go to the link you posted that the link to the original Apple docs is now dead. I wouldn't be surprised if the developer that posted them lost his developer license as a result.

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by lumpie View Post
    Thanks for the link, I found this one:
    http://www.iphoneatlas.com/2008/03/1...h-screenshots/

[...]
    Teams

No limit on provisioned devices
    Provisioning profiles are files that associates device IDs and development certificates, allowing the iPhone OS 2.0 beta and applications built with Xcode to be installed to devices. There is no limit to the number of provisioning profiles the Team Admin can create for the team, but each profile can only specify 1-5 device IDs.
    [...]

So, can I join someones "team"?

Regards,
    lumpie

Don't think that would happen Now.

My iPhone is a Part of Me m3thodandr3d's Avatar
    Thanks

Do you really think that developers are going to risk sharing the sdk? It's right in the rules that if you share the firmware or SDK, that is an automatic violation and your rights as an iPhone Developer will be revoked. I know I wouldn't want my $100 investment going down the drain especially when the 2.0 beta fw is readily available already.

I would pay $100 for getting access to the official developers program.

? Last I checked the five colleagues thing applies to Enterprise...not the Individual of $99.

Thanks

wait so the free sdk we get is not the same as a 99 dollar payer?

My iPhone is a Part of Me m3thodandr3d's Avatar
    Thanks

Nope, the free sdk doesnt come with the 2.0 beta and you can't sell your app on the app store. Other than that, they are relitively similar.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

18. The Following User Says Thank You to m3thodandr3d For This Useful Post:

pingwhen (2008-04-16)

Thanks

oh ok thats what i thought ty for clearing up

Green Apple
    Thanks

In case you just want to test your app into iPhone 2.0, you may use PwnageTool 1.1. on iPhone firmware 2.0 beta 3 (5A240d), which you must find yourself (Google it to find the torrent). When the custom firmware (Pwned) installed via iTunes restore, you can test your apps, as PwnageTool will bypass the apps signing mandatory to null. Don't use the 5A258f (beta 4) as PwnageTool 1.1. is not confirmed yet to pwned it. And you must be able to install iPhone SDK beta 3.

When PwnageTool is confirmed to pwned iPhone 2.0 beta 4 firmware (5A258f), then you can also use the new feature available, the Open GL ES. For testing the functionality of Open GL ES, you can install the sample LunarLander from the iPhone Developer site. Beta 4 according to iPhone SDK readme will be more strict on apps signing. You may be able to install your apps into the iPhone device, but it will eventually crash.
    Last edited by sh4508; 2008-04-26 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Additional information

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes, it's confirmed, the iPhone SDK beta 4 strictly enforced code signing. Even the iPhone SDK from beta 4 will not work on your iPhone with firmware build 5A240d (beta 3), such as LunarLander, JigSaw, BubleLevel, GLGravity etc. You can test beta 3 samples it you have downloaded prior to April 23.