Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Save MP4 files instead of loading them

Default Save MP4 files instead of loading them
    I just upgraded to 4.1 and jailbroke it with limera1n.
    Previously I used 3.2.1. When I would browse to a video on a site I would have the option to "Save link as", download the video later and then watch it in dTunes later without being connected.

Now when I click a video it automatically loads. I've tried adownloader, atube, mxtube for apps to copy/pate the link into them and it still autoloads.

Not sure how to resolve this...many thanks for help in advance.

You might be able to do it by holding on the link before the mp4 then clicking copy. Now go to a downloader such as download manager then pasting the url. I know this works with me and it is just a suggestion. Also you could install Safari Download manager off cydia that does the same job just all in safari.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

use safari downlaod manager, it adds a download button to the bottom bar in safari and gives you the options of "download to.." "download" or "play now"

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iNT3Rv3NTiONZz View Post
    use safari downlaod manager, it adds a download button to the bottom bar in safari and gives you the options of "download to.." "download" or "play now"

X2

I got the safari download manager and this works perfectly however after I download them I have no idea where they go or how to play them! When I check the "downloaded" they are there but you can't open them there.

Yea I had a fw 3.1.2 and just upgraded to 4.1jb...and I would like to just click on the link and download straight off safari isn't there a plug in you could get thru cydia?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kase91 View Post
    Yea I had a fw 3.1.2 and just upgraded to 4.1jb...and I would like to just click on the link and download straight off safari isn't there a plug in you could get thru cydia?
    Yup as I already said, safari download manager is available in cydia

I downloaded download manager but how do I open the file now? It's not in dTunes. In the download manager it appears in downloads but I can't open it, I can only clear the list of downloads

Thanks

Um the easiest way is to get iFile off cydia, when you have that you can click on the file in dl manager and it'll open it in iFile. Alternatively you could install the VLC player from the app store, then when you click on the file in dl manager it'll give you the option to open in VLC. Finally, possibly the easiest, is find out where dtunes looks for files, then when you save the file in question in dl manager, click "download to.." instead of just "download" you can then save it straight to the directory that dtunes searches!
    Have fun

Yea but in order to get safari download manager I have to buy it from cydia but is there a way were I don't spend money

Quote Originally Posted by Kase91 View Post
    Yea but in order to get safari download manager I have to buy it from cydia but is there a way were I don't spend money
    No, you gotta support the developers man
    VinhSon Nguyen
    Motion Graphics Designer

If I helped you in any way, please don't hesitate to click the "Thanks" button!

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

you could use curl or wget in terminal for free.

cd ~/Media/Downloads
    curl -O www.blahblah.com/video.mp4

file will be in ~/Media/Downloads
    Last edited by desepticon; 2010-11-12 at 03:30 AM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sellbars's Avatar
    Thanks

You should Download iFile. More than half the functions of it is for free; the paid is for advanced developers. The Safari Download Manager has a default directory to : /var/mobile/Media/Downloads. The dTunes directory is at : /var/mobile/Library/Downloads
    iFile is able to execute any file, and in any type too, by tapping the arrow on the right of the file's name. Note that all these functions are in the free version.
    Last edited by Sellbars; 2010-12-24 at 12:16 PM.