Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tinkering with my theme

Default Tinkering with my theme
    My friend had me set up some custom sounds for his iPhone and that got my curiosity sparked on what else I could do. I've made custom slide icons, got a background to match, took out the bottom bars so it's just a solid background, and a few other doo-dads and what-nots. To make my background work better with the rest of the set-up I wanted to remove (or at least rename so it can't find it) the transparent bar around the clock at the top of the screen.

I downloaded a theme called 'Abstract Theme 2' off of cydia and that got rid of it, so I wanted to go inside to see what they did to make it go away. I found the file, renamed it so it showed again, and confirmed what it was. Apparently some file called UIlcdbackground.png located in a folder called UIImages but when I did a search for the original file, UIlcdbackground.png showed up nowhere but inside that specific theme, same for the folder it was in. I've tinkered with themes and every single one had a sort of 'override' of an original file, yet this one seems to have no original.

Anyone care to elaborate on how I can find this file?

--------------------------------

Also, my specs are a first gen iPod touch (screen broke on my better one -.-) running on 3.1.......(checks)3
    Last edited by Alateriel; 2010-09-26 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Wasn't