Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone jailbreak

Default iPhone jailbreak
    I recently lost my iPhone 3GS an hav now got a new one through my insurance but it has os 4.0.2 an I carnt jailbreak it. How can I do this. It says software too new. Cheers. Sam

you have to wait patiently for greenpois0n.
    unless you have shsh on file,( phone has been jailbroken before and been backed up with cydia), then edit itunes hosts file to direct to Saurik(cydia) server which will verify restore to earlier firmware. Maybe your phone is a refurb etc. Its worth a shot.
    Something Hidden in iPhone 4---Steve Jobs twitter

Not got a clue how to do that lol. I'll proba just hav to wait won't I. Cheers anyway

Default hope this helps...
    you said you don't know what SHSH blobs are..they are basically files that contain you current version's signature...every time you restore your iDevice, iTunes checks with apple to see if they still sign that firmware you try to restore to..if it doesn't, it won't let you restore you iDevice...saving these files somewhere else(most save them on cydia) let's you restore your iDevice to the software version on which the SHSH files were created...google to find more
    you also said you lost you iPhone and got a new one which most likely was never jailbroken and it means you don't have those SHSH so this method is out of the question

i've found this...getting an iPhone 3gs now makes me think you have the new bootrom

Jailbreak & Unlock iPhone 3GS 4.1 iOS New Bootrom with Sn0wbreeze 2.0.1

i don't own a 3gs so i don't know if this works..
    it worked on my 3g...
    you have to do a little digging on yourself but if you don't rely on unlock you can try all sorts of things..i don't think you are willing to perform some advanced hacking and tweaking **** that will brick your iphone..chillax, you won't brick it
    hope this helped