Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Test Apps on iPhone 4 and iTouch WITHOUT IDP

Default Test Apps on iPhone 4 and iTouch WITHOUT IDP
    Is there a way to test the apps I have made without the iPhone Developer Program? Right now, I just want to test my apps, not sell them or anything. Is this possible? Thankss.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Being a developer gets you access to the simulator which can do what you need. You may be able to download Xcode for the current relese to run apps in the simulator for free, just cant distribute them. Not sure what the free deveoper accounts get you anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by neex1233 View Post
    Is there a way to test the apps I have made without the iPhone Developer Program? Right now, I just want to test my apps, not sell them or anything. Is this possible? Thankss.
    If you become a Registered iPhone Developer you get:
    - free download of Xcode, SDK, documentation
    - wonky iPhone emulator

You won't be able to build unsigned applications though.
    And on a normal iPhone you won't be able to run unsigned apps anyway.

IF your testing iPhone is jailbroken (able to run unsigned code) you should be able to patch your Xcode config to build for that environment.

Developing for a Jailbroken iPhone A to Z (iPhone 3.1.2) alexwhittemore.com - 3.1.2
    Developing for a Jailbroken iPhone A to Z (iOS 4.0.1) alexwhittemore.com - 4.0

If you plan to test first, and then rebuild / codesign later, for eventual submission to the AppStore, the suggested patches might break things down the road, so I'd advise you set up parallel build environments for JB / stock iOS. The Xcode project files should be usable on both.

(Not an issue if your apps are for personal use, or distribution to other jailbroken users only)