Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how do i auto create app store apps for a theme?

Default how do i auto create app store apps for a theme?
    hi all,

i was wondering if someone can point me the right direction via a tutorial or personal experience to auto create apple icons to change to the current theme i have.

i recently picked up the "nine" theme and in the description its says with "auto create app store icons"

im really unsure how to pull this off and am looking for some KB on this.

im running on windows xp and my iphone is 3gs 4.1

thanks!

You need to ssh into your iPhone using something like Winscp. Go to stash>themes>theme name and then uiimages. To change autocreate images change appIconMask, AppIconOverlay, and AppIconShadow.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to robertr1 For This Useful Post:

kgf88 (2010-08-26)

Default gotcha, still if there is a tut out there i would love to read it.
    right, ok i have yet to SSH. however i am aware of how to do that. just dont want to mess anything up.

Just don't go around deleting random things and you'll be fine.

lol.... got it....

ok i have a bigger issue, and was wondering if you could help to understand this. im using the nine theme on my 3gs with 4.1. i know now it was developed for the 4. other than flatlining that what possible incompatibilty issues could i potentially run into other than the skins not auto-creating. thanks..

would the consensus suggest that i remove the theme all together?
    Last edited by kgf88; 2010-08-26 at 05:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I think there's a separate version for the 3GS and 3G but I'm not sure. I don't know much about stuff on the iphone 4 I only have a 3GS.