Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Howto compile SBSettings Toggle?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Howto compile SBSettings Toggle?
    Can anyone help me compiling a SBSettings Toggle?
    Best would be to explain it with the sample file provided here.
    I have Mac OSX 10.5.8 and jailbroken iPod Touch with iOS 4.0.0 (SSH enabled).

Just executing the Makefile won't work for me, do I need to install anything for it to work? I will post the output I get when executing the Makefile later, as I am currently not on my Hackintosh.

I heard it was possible using iPhone Toolchain 2.0, too, but I am not able to install it on Cydia as libgcc is not available and Toolchain depends on it.

I never coded for jailbroken iDevices before, just "normal" apps.

V1nc3nt

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

There is a section in there about compling. The guide talks about using the toolchain and compling on the iphone itself. Try to compile the sample dynamic library there and see if you can get it to compile before exploring your own code.

Remember, toggles run inside the mobile substrate so be very careful about keeping any data or using memory with them. You will be surprised how fast a busted toggle will put your phone into safe mode.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
    There is a section in there about compling. The guide talks about using the toolchain and compling on the iphone itself. Try to compile the sample dynamic library there and see if you can get it to compile before exploring your own code.
    See this:
    Quote Originally Posted by v1nc3nt View Post
    I heard it was possible using iPhone Toolchain 2.0, too, but I am not able to install it on Cydia as libgcc is not available and Toolchain depends on it.
    But I will definitely look more further if there is any way to install iphone toolchain atm.

Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
    Remember, toggles run inside the mobile substrate so be very careful about keeping any data or using memory with them. You will be surprised how fast a busted toggle will put your phone into safe mode.
    Yeah, I know.
    My toggle until now does not use any data in memory.

Thanx though...

V1nc3nt