Results 1 to 16 of 16

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: So if I wanted to make an app....

  1. #1
    Default So if I wanted to make an app.... Need help from anyone who has use dragonfiresdk
    I have windows(and no, I will not buy a mac I'm happy with my laptop and it's fairly new so no sense buying another one) so I would have to buy dragonfiresdk. But then the question is ultimate or starter kit? And I would definitely have to pay for apple developer program right? If I have to buy ultimate then that would make it a $200 investment just to release an app on the app store. Am I right?

    So basically the question is: Do I need to buy ultimate or can I get away with only using the starter kit?
    Last edited by robertr1; 2010-08-21 at 09:43 PM.

  2. #2
    You canīt upload to AS if you donīt have a mac.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by MindGem View Post
    You canīt upload to AS if you donīt have a mac.
    Yes you can that's the entire reason dragonfiresdk exists.

  4. #4
    Windows iPhone SDK
    C and C++
    Fast & Easy to Learn
    Sample Code
    Documentation
    iPhone Simulator
    Test on Your Device
    App Store Distribution
    Develop iPhone Apps on Windows

    There you have it.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by MindGem View Post
    There you have it.
    I'm not sure what you mean by that. I'm asking if I need to buy ultimate or standard

  6. #6
    Retired Moderator z3r01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,697
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 886 Times in 557 Posts

    actually u need a mac....that appstore distribution method they used was uploading the binary via itunes connect website..which is not allowed anymore because apple wants you to upload the binaries via a new upload app...so yea you need a mac....

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    actually u need a mac....that appstore distribution method they used was uploading the binary via itunes connect website..which is not allowed anymore because apple wants you to upload the binaries via a new upload app...so yea you need a mac....
    So pretty much dragonfiresdk is useless now? Kinda stupid.

  8. #8
    Retired Moderator z3r01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,697
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 886 Times in 557 Posts

    well now, u can still dev in dragonsdk and distribute via cydia...just not appstore

  9. #9
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,024
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 78 Times in 63 Posts

    Just download VMWare and install Snow that way.

    Its my development environment and it works great for what I am using development for. It will also give you experience in how the Mac is put together and how the OS differences from Windows. Most Windows users don't even know what the hell a PLIST even is.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
    Just download VMWare and install Snow that way.

    Its my development environment and it works great for what I am using development for. It will also give you experience in how the Mac is put together and how the OS differences from Windows. Most Windows users don't even know what the hell a PLIST even is.
    So what you're saying is that lets you make the app? Or are you saying it lets you upload the app? I really have no idea what you're talking about.

  11. #11
    Retired Moderator z3r01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,697
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 886 Times in 557 Posts

    Vmware let's you install Mac os x and run it virtually so u can upload your app that way...

  12. #12
    Sounds like a much better option than buying a mac...

    Boxxa, what is it called that you're using? VMware fusion?

    EDIT: Never mind that looks like it's what you put on a mac if you want windows....
    Last edited by robertr1; 2010-08-25 at 12:11 AM.

  13. #13
    Not to derail, but if I want to make a soundboard and release it on Cydia, what programs/software do I need. I'm on Win7. I tried searching on google for it and have had zero luck. Thanks!

  14. #14
    Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cambridge, U.K
    Posts
    1,512
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 123 Times in 101 Posts

    you need dragonfiresdk, vmware (or any virtual machine) and a copy of MAC OS X, another way is to use PearPC (im currently installing/setting this up) it emulates MAC OS X on a PC and is probably more RAM efficient than a virt-box and its free go here fo a lil info ----- Run Mac OS X on a PC - O'Reilly Media

    iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

  15. #15
    DragonFireSDK, or AirPlaySDK allows for appstore development on windows.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxxyBoii2K10 View Post
    you need dragonfiresdk, vmware (or any virtual machine) and a copy of MAC OS X, another way is to use PearPC (im currently installing/setting this up) it emulates MAC OS X on a PC and is probably more RAM efficient than a virt-box and its free go here fo a lil info ----- Run Mac OS X on a PC - O'Reilly Media
    Ya I just got VMware working but my laptop sucks so it's very slow and for some reason the internet doesn't work. Which makes it useless to me without internet.......... Any idea why the internet isn't working?

    EDIT: I just transferred everything to my desktop to see if it would run a little bit faster and it does(I can't keep it on there though because it doesn't have a wifi thing). I might just tether the internet from my iphone to my desktop though so I still need to figure out how to get the internet to work on it.
    Last edited by robertr1; 2010-08-26 at 02:38 AM.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •