Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Creating HD icons

Default Creating HD icons
    Im attempting to create HD icons for my Iphone4.

Not from scratch but more by getting super high res icons then resizing them to 60x60pixels.

but my problem is that when they are resized they dont look as good as the apple icons that came on the phone.

why?

I believe the iPhone 4 icon size is larger than 60x60px, isn't it?
    This website: All the sizes of iOS app icons - Neven Mrgan's tumbl
    Says 114px for the iPhone 4.
    wwjd

iPhone? More like MyPhone skater38053's Avatar
    Thanks

My icons aren't hi res. But 64x64 look about the same size as apples icons. I'm currently trying to find some hi res icons to replace mine with.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by skater38053; 2010-08-06 at 05:00 AM.

if you guys don't mind me asking, how is it that you make these icons? i want to make some for my i4. what's the process. I know how to get the huge hi-res image, but i'm not familiar with photoshop.

Well, you need to originally have an idea for what you want to make.
    I highly recommend sketching it out. It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but just have the rough basic shape.

I would then scan it, and then import it into Photoshop. That will give you a rough idea of what you need to do.

I would recommend checking out YouTube for some Photoshop tutorials. I learn better by seeing, rather than reading.
    PixelForLife has a great amount of tutorials: YouTube - pfltuts's Channel

You can always send me a PM if you have any questions on where to get started. I may not be the best person for icon design, but I know my way around Photoshop and can definitely get you started.
    wwjd

Quote Originally Posted by skb875 View Post
    Well, you need to originally have an idea for what you want to make.
    I highly recommend sketching it out. It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but just have the rough basic shape.

I would then scan it, and then import it into Photoshop. That will give you a rough idea of what you need to do.

I would recommend checking out YouTube for some Photoshop tutorials. I learn better by seeing, rather than reading.
    PixelForLife has a great amount of tutorials: YouTube - pfltuts's Channel

You can always send me a PM if you have any questions on where to get started. I may not be the best person for icon design, but I know my way around Photoshop and can definitely get you started.
    I'm not trying to literally create icons myself. I'm trying to resize the original app icon artwork (512x512) so it can fit the theme I'm using (SuaveHD). I don't want to go that deep in the rabbit hole, lol.

My themes are 60x60.