Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 4 freezing

Default iphone 4 freezing
    ok stay with me please here is my story i bought an iphone 4 on july 29th from an att store when they went on sale have been pretty happy with it so far and connected it to my computer and it worked fine and installed all my information. well about a week or so after that i plugged my old 3g phone into my computer to restore is as i was going to give it to my gf and it would not restore more than 3/4 of the way it got stuck on the apple restore bar. So i couldent get it to restore i took it to an att store and they restored my old 3g phone just fine. my iphone 4 has been syncing and working just fine up until now. Last night i went to update to the new firmware 4.0.1 and it did the same thing my old 3g phone did it will only load on the apple screen about 3/4 of the way and then freeze every time anybody have any solutions as to how to fix this?

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

in my experience using my 3G this sometimes happens, i remember when i got 3.1.3 i had to restore like 3 times before it worked, did you try the restore more than once?

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

I had the same problem with iphone4. Tried to restore and it stop 3/4 the way try 3-4 time and didn't work. Had to go to apple store to retore phone. I am using win 7, still don't know why it didn't work. If anybody has a solution please help. Thanks

4. The Following User Says Thank You to soulman99 For This Useful Post:

[email protected] (2010-07-21)

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont think this is specific to iphone4 as i said its happened to me before when ive been trying to restore (i have 3G)so i think its somekind of bug in apple's "restore-ware" lol

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Solution for freezing.Use RecBoot the software will let you put your phone on recovery mode and remove it from recovery mode manually. Web site, Download RecBoot for iPhone Recovery Mode

iPhone? More like MyPhone JonnyBoy123's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Restore wont finish? I got the fix!
    Happened to me with my 3G when I updated to iOS 4. all u have to do is go to apple.com, and re-install itunes again. If u did the re-install correctly, all ur music, videos, etc. should still be in your itunes. Now hit that rstore button and WHAM!!! Like a punch in the boobies, that iPhone will restore!
     Think Different.