Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4.0 multi task and wallpaper .plist for 3.0 ipod touch

Default 4.0 multi task and wallpaper .plist for 3.0 ipod touch
    A fellow has uploaded a plist file for iphone 3.0 of tghe 4.0 multitasking and wallpaper options, but it does not work for ipod touches....can anyone mod this file to work for ipod touches?

That is all I really want from the 4.0 update can somebody please help me!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Thenextkiller's Avatar
    Thanks

If you use the redsn0w jailbreak it should give you the option of choosing.
    Am firin ma lasah

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Thenextkiller For This Useful Post:

FreeApple (2010-07-02)

I am currently jailbroken with spirit and I have the ipod touch 3g with the MC build! So if I restore back to 3.1.2 and use redsn0w I should be alright?

You can't enable the wallpaper/multitasking options of 4.0 by just adding a string into the 3.0's plist. Wallpaper and multitasking is provided by the 4.0 SpringBoard app, you could try putting the 4.0 SpringBoard app onto your 3.x phone but it'd most likely end up with you doing a restore ...

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

lol you need way more than a prop list to add MT and wallpapers to 3
    and as knisitruck said you will definatly need a restore if you chuck 4.0 springboard in. however i dont think it would be impossible if edited to work with a lower OS, it would be much easier to updaate, i mean if you want the features of OS4 then why not get it?

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Only reason why I ask is because in the download section here at MMI there is a plist file that says all you have to do is copy and paste into Springboard. I have already put his file into my device and DID NOT have to restore!!! I resprung and I stayed in resrpring until I deletedt he file! ModMyi Forums - Downloads - N82AP
    There is is check itout for yourself Iam not a retard! I have been working with the ipod for about a year now and know that is IS POSSILE to just add plist and get those functions! BUT OH WELL I will just wait for the spirit 4.0 update hopefully it comes soon!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FreeApple View Post
    Only reason why I ask is because in the download section here at MMI there is a plist file that says all you have to do is copy and paste into Springboard. I have already put his file into my device and DID NOT have to restore!!! I resprung and I stayed in resrpring until I deletedt he file! ModMyi Forums - Downloads - N82AP
    There is is check itout for yourself Iam not a retard! I have been working with the ipod for about a year now and know that is IS POSSILE to just add plist and get those functions! BUT OH WELL I will just wait for the spirit 4.0 update hopefully it comes soon!
    no if you are on 3.0 you need more than a prop list telling it that multitasking is true because it doesnt know what multitasking is!!! you will need alot of files from springboard 4.0, and be able to mod them, itmay be possible but youd need to be good!

and the download is for people with a 3g phone or 2nd gen touch on 4.0, because apple disabled them...
    Last edited by iNT3Rv3NTiONZz; 2010-07-05 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Blackra1ned

9. The Following User Says Thank You to iNT3Rv3NTiONZz For This Useful Post:

FreeApple (2010-07-05)

Thanks

happy to help i dont see why so many people are staying on 3.x, then again i suppose theres still alot of people on 2.x LMAO

Blackra1ned

12. The Following User Says Thank You to iNT3Rv3NTiONZz For This Useful Post:

FreeApple (2010-07-07)

Just download backgrounder and the theme that makes it look like iOS 4 multitask and voila!

Thanks

it still wouldnt be the same, ios folders splits the wallpaper image and makes it look like the apps were underneath kinda, hard to explain but there is no way you would get the same effect from backgrounder

Blackra1ned

if you have an iphone 3g i think you can download the plist from cydia and it will enable all the new 4.0 features for anbody still woundering. IPHONE 3G ONLY