Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do I make a jailbroken app?

Default How do I make a jailbroken app?
    I know how to make themes, but how do I make an app? I heard on Yahoo! Answers that I have to have a Mac and the Apple SDK? Help please?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Objective C is the main language that it is wrote in. Yes using OSX and Xcode is the best bet. What programming lanuages do you know?
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Umm, none haha. I'm only 14

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Perfect age to start learning any programming language.
    This is my recommendation to start with objective c. Which then you would flow into other books to learn iOS.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Beginning-Mac-Programming-Objective-C-Programmers/dp/1934356514/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1277512899&sr=8-7[/ame]

That is if you have OSX. But from your stats you are on Windows 7. So not sure on what to learn there easier. I have beginier knowledge in C++ and Python for when I used Windows.
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-06-26 at 03:02 AM.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Thanks I'll be sure to check that out!

For Windows development, you could use Microsoft Visual Studio C# Express (free), which could also help learn general object-oriented programming.

Or for real beginning, try Microsoft Small Basic and grow.

OTOH, none of that is directly applicable to iOS development.

I don't like using Apple's SDK/XCode for jailbroken apps, as you are violating their agreement to deploy apps through Cydia. Plus you need Mac.

So, without a Mac, next choice is load up development environment onto device itself, setup SSH and use putty (or something similar) to run in a terminal session and compile on the device. Quite old school, I should write a tutorial

Alternatively, you could setup Cygwin, gcc, build your own headers by decompiling libs after decrypting firmware ipsw files, just like the original jailbreak environments were created, but who has that much time?
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

Green Apple
    Thanks

Adobe Flash CS5 has a packager for the iPhone. You will be able to make iPhone applications with flash and actionscript 3. You won't be able to put them on the app store, because that violates apple's terms of service. However, you can still use it. Adobe got pissed because they made this great tool and apple shunned it, so they included it anyway so people can make apps for cydia. It will export a .ipa. Change the extension to .zip, and inside the folder called Payload extract the .app folder. Put in in /Applications/ with SSH, and you have an iPhone app made with flash!

NOTE: you will need a p12 certificate and a mobile provisioning file. These sign your app. For a guide on how to do that, go here: [How To] Make Apps in Flash CS5 - Part 1