Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iFunbox mod - help needed

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iFunbox mod - help needed
    hello all
    i dont take my laptop to college with me all the time and would like to be able to access my iPhone's filesystem whilst using a college computer.

iFunbox uses a file called iTunesMobileDevice.dll to connect to the iDevice i managed to grab this from my PC and put it on my USB stick only thing now is i need to tell iFunbox where to look for the file...

OR i have looked through my computer for hours and cannot find the file anymore, so if someone could tell me the directory to this file would be appreciated..
    PS. i sort of know C++ and couple of other languages so i do not need to be spoonfed just the general idea will be very much appreciated!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaxxyBoii2K10 View Post
    hello all
    i dont take my laptop to college with me all the time and would like to be able to access my iPhone's filesystem whilst using a college computer.

iFunbox uses a file called iTunesMobileDevice.dll to connect to the iDevice i managed to grab this from my PC and put it on my USB stick only thing now is i need to tell iFunbox where to look for the file...

OR i have looked through my computer for hours and cannot find the file anymore, so if someone could tell me the directory to this file would be appreciated..
    PS. i sort of know C++ and couple of other languages so i do not need to be spoonfed just the general idea will be very much appreciated!!!
    Guess I am missing something here as iFunbox is a single exe file and I do not have iTunesMobileDevice.dll on my computer and I even checked with iFunbox running and its still not on my computer!

Also I copied iFunbox to my usbstick and executed the program and ran perfectly! I am on PC running Windows 7!

If your running on Mac I have not checked to verify!

Thanks

no you definatly have the file if u have an ipod.. program files(x86)/common files/apple/itunes(or Ipod)and somewhere in there ifunbox NEEDS the file to work so you DEFINATLY have it, plus itunes cant find your idevice without it...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaxxyBoii2K10 View Post
    no you definatly have the file if u have an ipod.. program files(x86)/common files/apple/itunes(or Ipod)and somewhere in there ifunbox NEEDS the file to work so you DEFINATLY have it, plus itunes cant find your idevice without it...
    Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\iTunesMobileDevice.dll

This is on Windows 7

Not the best solution, but FYI iPhoneBrowser looks in the current directory before searching for the standard Apple directory so it should work from a flash drive (I haven't tested it, however).

I do wonder if the service needs to be installed and running as well for the DLL to actually work, though.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NetMage View Post
    Not the best solution, but FYI iPhoneBrowser looks in the current directory before searching for the standard Apple directory so it should work from a flash drive (I haven't tested it, however).

I do wonder if the service needs to be installed and running as well for the DLL to actually work, though.
    very interesting i will try it out. =]
    i made a directory for the file which starts from programfiles(86), so i can jus drag it into my college computers directories when i want to use it. but cant test it as i need to update funbox before itll connect to my phone anyway (caus of OS4)

Why do you think funbox needs an update for iOS 4?

I haven't tried it yet, but I assume iPhoneBrowser will work after installing afc2add.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

Thanks

i-FunBox Version 0.992 Build 0360.0296fd Works on Ios 4

I did try it and it works fine

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NetMage For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (2010-07-02)

Green Apple
    Thanks

On a mac, download Filezilla (this is basicly WinSCP for Mac). You can find it by googling filezilla.
    Then google iPhone Tunnel. It should be on google project hosting. Download, then extract. Open, then at the top near things like the clock it should show two arrows. Click Turn Tunnel On.
    Then Open Filezilla, and you probably know to do sftp://127.0.0.1
    With Filezilla you need the sftp, or it will do ftp. The port is 2222. Then Enjoy!

Thanks

thanks but i stopped using winscp because the transfer rate is alot slower =]

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!