Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem with build on windows

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Problem with build on windows
    Hello, I am having problems with making and iphone application. It is a simple hello world GUI, and it is right here:
    helloworld.zip
    You will need to edit the Makefile's CC parameter to tell it where the objective c compiler is. I use the cygwin arm-apple-darwin-gcc objective c cross-compiler.

The problem is, when I navigate to the directory and run make, I get this error:

this is the error in text:

make
    /usr/local/bin/arm-apple-darwin-gcc -arch i386 -isysroot /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator3.1.sdk -mmacosx-version-min=10.5 -framework Foundation -framework UIKit -framework CoreGraphics -framework QuartzCore -framework AVFoundation -framework OpenGLES -o build/HelloWorld.app/HelloWorld

/usr/local/bin/arm-apple-darwin-ld: can't locate file for: -lcrt1.10.5.o

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make: *** [build/HelloWorld.app/HelloWorld] Error 1

I think my makefile thinks it's supposed to be compiled on a mac, which might be the problem. So I decided to copy the project onto my iPod touch, change the CC of my makefile, and run make. Make is from cydia. I changed the CC in the makefile to /usr/bin/arm-apple-darwin9-gcc and ran make.

This time, I got this error:

This is the same as above except it said framework not found Foundation. The only problem was, all my frameworks existed in the /System/Library/Frameworks folder, and I copied all the ones that I needed to the /Library/Frameworks folder. Here's proof:

Can someone tell me if I'm screwed, or if it's a problem with my Makefile, or something?? Please!

P.S. This hello world started in Java, and I compiled the .class file into Objective-C with xmlvm. Read more on xmlvm.org

You could see if this helps?
    It's a guide to compiling apps on the iPhone itself (bypassing the need for a mac)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Freerunnering For This Useful Post:

thebombzen (2010-06-09)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Thanks, but there's errors
    I followed exactly what you said. However, I'm getting errors:
    it says that _main isn't defined in crt1.10.5.o