Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak App (mobile to mobile JB)

Default Jailbreak App (mobile to mobile JB)
    iPhone to iPhone Jailbreak App

I've been tossing this idea around for some time now. Since more and more jailbreaks become available the easier they become. We can do most anything with our phones now. So why cant we Jailbreak using our phones? I should be able to open a app on my jail-broken iPhone. use a simple female to female USB adapter to connect our sync cables. Tap the jailbreak icon just like I do on my laptop and execute the jailbreak software to the non-jailbroken phone.
    I have a lot of friends I work with that want their phones jailbroken but don't want to take the time to learn how to do it them selves. I just don't have the time to run around to each of their houses to jailbreak their phones. Having a app like this would just make my life easier. Now I'd love to create this app my self but the last bit of coding I've done was C++ 15 years ago so I'm way behind the curve and struggling to catch up. I know there is tons of knowledgeable people on this site and others around that have the know-how to make this app a reality. maybe this thread will strike a cord and someone will jump all over this. You never know unless you try.

problem is, theyr constantly being patched.

that and not all jailbreaks are one click solution. the next black/limera1n by geohot wont be. this is because he made it clear that he wants more options, which suggest verbose / boot logos etc.

i think its possible, but being as i dont program i honestly dont know :/

Quote Originally Posted by RelentlessDan View Post
    problem is, theyr constantly being patched.

that and not all jailbreaks are one click solution. the next black/limera1n by geohot wont be. this is because he made it clear that he wants more options, which suggest verbose / boot logos etc.

i think its possible, but being as i dont program i honestly dont know :/
    You are right they are constantly being patched. Apple roles out new firmware all the time which cause headache for everyone. but what I was thinking for this is since right now there are two popular jailbreaks out right now that are one click jailbreak and done.
    for example: Spirit jailbreak uses a one click JB. Could be ported
    to run off the iphone OS. Spirit seems to run on its own and doesn't need any other supporting .dll files not like blackra1n needed the ASL.dll. Spirit runs on windows mac and Linux so I'm thinking it could be ported to the iPhone OS. Now there might need to be some extra code written for it to read and write to the other phones threw the sync cables. There would have to be updates as new firmwares come out and jailbreaks sure, but as of right now I really think Spirit could be ported and work for the current 3.1.2/3 OS as it does for the PC and MAC.

It would be possible but only once 4.0 is released.

I'll explain, you'd need the spirit source code and they said they would release it but only after the apple's patched it in the 4.0 public release.
    Then you could use some help from apple.
    Apple allows apps to communicate with accessories plugin into the 30 pin socket meaning your diagram could work!

You'd need to change the spirit code to said the exploit through the 30 pin connector and then over USB which i think might be one of the harder parts of this.
    But as spirit works on linux through the terminal it shouldn't be as hard as you'd think to compile it for the iPhone. Creating a GUI would make it more complex and so i would stick to the terminal version if i was attempting this.