Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: EDGE issue

Default EDGE issue
    NOTE: I thought this was too wordy and is more fillers than the problem itself if you still want to help me I have posted a quick reply below this that is more narrowed. I still think by reading this post is important but if you want to go to the point just read the post below this one. Thanks!
    Hi everyone,

I have been experiencing something weird regarding the internet (EDGE connection) with my iPhone 3Gs. I had a data plan with T-mobile and it was working all fine but from a time the connection just wasn't working as good as it did for 2 years (I had an Iphone 3G about 4 months ago). Well, I thought it was Tmobile since I have Tzones and it is no longer offered so I didn't worry too much. Now, I had to travel to another country and since I subscribed to an entirely different carrier I wasn't expecting the same to happen. Carrier: Viva (Dominican Republic). I put the Data plan and all worked fine for a couple of hours. After a time it started again. I had connection and suddenly I didn't. I put airplane mode and as soon as it set it off and it gets signal I have connection back. So I started thinking that it was the phone. First, since I had too many Cydia stuff I just restored and installed just the necessary ones. The same happened. Second, I restored and only installed BlackSn0w so I can get signal. The same happened. I have a friend that has the exact same problem so that reduces the possibility that is the actual phone. I want to believe that this is something related to blacksn0w or so because I think all started after I installed the blackSn0w RC2 (not necessarilly right after) under 3.1.3 OS and 5.11.07 baseband. Is there a fix for this already or maybe this is something new because I can't find anything on the web. A little guidance here would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by axenory; 2010-05-24 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost