Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Needs expert help on application development

Default Needs expert help on application development
    Hi guys. Just a brief introduction on who i am and what i`m doing.

Currently i`m just starting out as a developer, learning the programming language from scratch. For my school's project, i was asked to develop a application, which emulates the use of the touch wheel from the previous iPods and implement it with the music player of iTouch/iPhone. If u were wondering whether there is a existing app now, yes there is. Its called the iClassic, available on cydia.

So here i am humbly asking for any help and advice available on where should i start and how do i go about doing it.

First thing first, am i able to use the Interface Builder to create the window of the application (mainly the touch wheel)?

I have an idea on how the interface would look like currently, just no idea how to start doing it.

Would appreciate any form of help available. Thanks in advance

Bump-ty bump.

Help plsssssss

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

I've never seen many threads with help concerning application development on this forum.....I've tried developing before but I was overwhelmed so until this summer I'm not even trying to learn...anyway, long story made short back when I was looking into it this is what I found...for help on how to do something like what you're saying shoot emails to the dev of iClassic...since his is already released, and if you explain that it's for a school project, I'm sure he'll be glad to help..you can find his email under the iClassic in Rock or Cydia....also if you would like some reading reccomendations, I've found several books that are geared towards someone with no programming experience trying to learn Objective-C and would be happy to tell you about them..... Hope some of this helps.... and just to clarify I think there are many devs on this forum it's just when I posted a couple topics about SDK development those devs never saw the thread....Hope you find what you're looking for
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to wannabprogramma For This Useful Post:

dastrife (2010-05-14)

Hey thanks for the reply. Anyway yeah i emailed the dev of iClassic. He told me that he's able to help, but doesn't have much time due to personal stuffs. So i replied him and now i`m still waiting for his reply.

I`ll post the problem here too if anyone can help. Currently i`m stuck at drawing up the touch wheel. I have thought of using a button, draw out the wheel using other platforms (photoshop etc), and replace the button with the image. But the problem is is that the correct way of doing so?