Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: unlock ipod controls when connected to an accessory

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default unlock ipod controls when connected to an accessory
    Sometimes when my 3gs is connected to my Alpine head unit, I wish I could change the song with my Iphone instead of the head unit interface without unplugging Iphone. I've tried to search in cydia for a tweak or something but haven't found anything. Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance for any help. I love this site, it's very helpful.

-Ian

If it works like my car adapter does, if you disconnect and reconnect the phone from the dock quickly it will keep the sound channel open and give you control. Kind of a barbaric fix but it works for me.

I have a ipod car accessory by belkin. It allows me to change the song from itunes.app, just not adjust the volume.

Green Apple
    Thanks

It's totally locked with an alpine head unit

ID be sure to check the iPod settings toggle for change sing when music is playing. Also does this occur with a themed/jailbroken phone? Or is it manufactured defaults?

Settings > general > home
    Last edited by tcunningham1589; 2010-05-11 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

It's not those settings. It won't let you open the ipod app when it's connected. It's intentional (not sure why) and not a glitch. I'm wondering if there's a tweak for those of us who are jailbroken. I'm on 3.12. Here is the screen you get when you try to open the ipod. There has to be a simple way to get rid of this and be able to still search music with the phone while connected. I'm just not the guy to figure it out. Anyone? It annoys me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I had the same problem with my ford edge that had sync technology... There's a fix for that on cydia called NoAccessorySplash....works like a charm lets u control the ipod and it doesn't even mess with the car's functionality features

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Karbooo For This Useful Post:

bluespot (2010-08-11), ianblondeau (2010-05-13), leethered2007 (2010-06-07)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Karbooo View Post
    I had the same problem with my ford edge that had sync technology... There's a fix for that on cydia called NoAccessorySplash....works like a charm lets u control the ipod and it doesn't even mess with the car's functionality features
    Exactly what I was looking for. I knew it had to exist already. Thanks !!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This app does not appear to work on my 3G with iOS4 (redsn0w 0.9.5b5-3 jailbreak). Instead of going straight to the Accessory Connected screen, I see my normal iPod menus for about 1 second first (not quite long enough to queue up a playlist).

Has anyone successfully quashed their Accessory Connected screen in iOS4?

I'm completely new to jailbreaking so please forgive me if the solution is obvious.

Had the same problem in my camaro. Horrible in dash interface was the only option with the iPod app touch interface completely hijacked by the "Accessory Connected" screen. Infuriating to say the least.

Found NoAccessorySplash iOS4 after reading this thread and it did just what it said it would do. Horrible in dash interface still works just as poorly as it did before, but now I can use my iPod app!

This alone makes jailbreaking a must have for me. Thanks to all the devs who's hard work makes everything possible.