Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How does one make a cydia/rock package

Question How does one make a cydia/rock package
    YES, MY 1st post!

This might seem like a noobish question, but how does one make a package for cydia/rock? How does one tell the packager that reads the package to make directories and extract files to certain locations in the file system? Can this be done when one uploads a file to the "Submit a file to cydia" link here in modmyi?

BTW, even though this is my 1st post, I'm not a noob; I've been in the iphone/ipod mod scene since I got my touch for Christmas 2009

Follow step 1 on this page: How to Host a Cydia™ Repository - Jay Freeman (saurik)

Or, I believe modmyi will make a deb for you if you just zip up all the files necessary in your application.

Thanks

Yea i would just zip the binary and send it to a repo manager of your choice....they will take care of making the .deb file unless you want to host your own source. And the way things are going, anyone will host your app...it's better in a way because then if you make your own source you have to promote it and not everyone is easy on adding sources...trust me , boss or rock will take anything...and i mean anything...too much junk on those repos anyway...
    Last edited by z3r01; 2010-05-12 at 03:38 PM.