Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Flash cs5 apps

Question Flash cs5 apps
    So I have a copy of flash cs5 and I'm wondering since I'm not an official apple developer weather it is possible to make apps for a jailbroken iPhone using it, I get stuck because it asks for a mobile provision file or something, is there anything I can do?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

No you need to either sign up as a developer which is a waste becuase Apple will not accept any submissions from non Xcode projects that are written in ObjC or read up on bypassing the signature and working on the a non AppStore compatible application.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
    No you need to either sign up as a developer which is a waste becuase Apple will not accept any submissions from non Xcode projects that are written in ObjC or read up on bypassing the signature and working on the a non AppStore compatible application.
    your wrong....you can dev apps for cydia without needing to be a developer....go to sauriks website there is instructions on doing this...remember he said for "jailbroken" iphone

Nobody has had a flash cs5 app rejected YET. I've used it and I actually like it. But you need to get the cert stuff to compile apps with it. Eventhough there are work arounds to compile with Xcode without a cert these tricks won't work with cs5 because it does the compiling itself.

Have you not heard? flash sucks and I thought adobe took it out of cs5 because of the licence change

Quote Originally Posted by EliteApple View Post
    Have you not heard? flash sucks and I thought adobe took it out of cs5 because of the licence change
    Ive heard a bunch of fangirls say it sucks when they have never used it and base their judgement on other fangirls or swf web performance. I actually base my opinion on first hand experience.. its amazing, you should try it sometime.

I'm also looking at Flash CS5 because I have a win xp and win 7 box and was wanting to test it out, but I also have not paid the $99 to become a developer. I would think that there would be someway to fake it out to think the certificate and key are real, but I guess most people are ok with doing the whole virtual machine with mac os and using the SDK and that whole business. I guess I'll just try that method. I was just hoping Flash CS5 would work because I know nothing about xcode.

You could probably recodesign the binary with whatever tricks are out there to code sign them to begin with. or just have a jailbroken device and not bother.

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,217 Times in 2,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    your wrong....you can dev apps for cydia without needing to be a developer....go to sauriks website there is instructions on doing this...remember he said for "jailbroken" iphone
    Where on the site are the instructions? I looked, but the site looks pretty barren to me - found some stuff on developing iPhone apps using the SDK and in Python, but nothing about Flash CS5. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by k.nitsua; 2010-05-19 at 09:35 AM.
    #eli7e revived me