Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Developing for jailbroken iphones?

Default Developing for jailbroken iphones?
    Hello,

I'm familiar with how to develop apps for the iPhone the official way, however I am also interested in writing apps for the Cydia repositories. How are things different from typical iPhone development?

Also, I need the ability to develop exclusively on Windows. I don't have a mac nor do I have access to one, so if this can't happen then I won't be able to develop apps at all.

I also would like to know how to submit apps to the Cydia repositories. I can do some research on this in the meantime but would like some feedback anyway.

Some good tips to get started would be great. Thanks in advance.

Thanks

basically u give the binary to a repo manager and he will package that for you

Windows iPhone development

Sentenza,
    AirPlaySDK,
    DragonFireSDK,
    Or DuelBoot a hackingtosh version of mac.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I never understood people who say they are familiar with programming on a Mac but don't actually own one.

Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
    I never understood people who say they are familiar with programming on a Mac but don't actually own one.
    It's simple to understand. I work in an environment where there are a lot of macs, and I write apps for them. At home, I could care less about Macs and don't have/want them. Easy right?

Thanks for the help so far guys.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by void.pointer View Post
    It's simple to understand. I work in an environment where there are a lot of macs, and I write apps for them. At home, I could care less about Macs and don't have/want them. Easy right?

Thanks for the help so far guys.

I don't know if that qualifies as "not having access to a mac" in your original post.

Your first post sounds like you have never seen a Mac in your life. If you want to develop on Windows, follow the guide to install Snow Leopard on VMWare7. Works great for what you need and no need to deal with the Windows compilers esp since Apple is locking down on Apps made on non Mac ObjectiveC compilers.

I don't know if that qualifies as "not having access to a mac" in your original post.
    Of course it qualifies. I don't know about you, but at work I actually WORK (i.e. I don't work on personal/home projects at work).

Your first post sounds like you have never seen a Mac in your life.
    This statement makes no sense. Do you presume to know me?

If you want to develop on Windows, follow the guide to install Snow Leopard on VMWare7. Works great for what you need and no need to deal with the Windows compilers esp since Apple is locking down on Apps made on non Mac ObjectiveC compilers.
    Thanks I'll check it out.