Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OS 4.0 iPhone 3Gs strange bug.

Default OS 4.0 iPhone 3Gs strange bug.
    I seem to be having the worst problem with it syncing to any itunes (all at ver 9.1) Seems to be having a hard time reading any data from the iphone (a 3Gs by the way.)
    Tried restoring a second time only to have anything i do make it error out.
    Right now it won't evem restore anymore.
    I have used Restore mode, DFU mode, and OMGWTF modes which do not help but cause different errors.

I have tried on both a Windows 7 PC and a Leopard 10.5.8 Machine.
    If you have any suggestions, let me know. Otherwise I will have to try to warranty it at the apple store.

Edit:
    Finally got it to restore 4.0 again, after about 30 tries on both computers, so that is a start, but the sync problem still exists. Does the SDK have to be installed on the machine for it to sync? Or is my device being faulty?
    Last edited by JDShadowline; 2010-04-14 at 06:48 AM.

No it does not
    Keithsta

[QUOTE=JDoes the SDK have to be installed on the machine for it to sync? Or is my device being faulty?[/QUOTE]

Apple recommends you use the SDK to restore the iphone.

1) Are you on the latest version of iTunes?

2) Do you have access to a machine running snow leopard?
    The gates in my computer are AND, OR and NOT; they are not Bill.

Iphone 3G, Ultrasn0w'ed using T-Mobile UK on a G1 Contract, 800 mins, Unlimited texting and unlimited internet! <--1337

This is why its a BETA.

Most likely a beta issue
    Keithsta

Same thing with folders, won't sync cause iTunes knowns nothing of it, this is why I haven't synced my iPhone since install I'll wait for the iTunes update
    no spam

I have synced my 4.0 3GS with no issue
    Keithsta

Quote Originally Posted by computid View Post
    1) Are you on the latest version of iTunes?

2) Do you have access to a machine running snow leopard?
    1) Latest version of itunes on all machines.

2) Only in a virtual machine, and only 10.5.8. Having too many issues with snow leopard.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    This is why its a BETA.
    Of course it is. I am a Rom developer over at X D A-Devs who has been working with pre-beta versions of Windows Mobile, and also Android. So I know that when something says beta, that serious problems can arise occasionally. (except if it is google since everything is always beta. lol) I lost a hard drive to Windows 7 beta. So it is nothing new to me.

So anyone else out there having the same issues? Could it be a bad cable? or Bad luck maybe?
    Apple replaced the device thankfully, but I am still tempted to try again, with hopefully better results if it is not a widespread issue.

Edit:
    I am assuming that it is being caused by a faulty usb cable. The new phone is starting to act up, and it has not been upgraded.
    Last edited by JDShadowline; 2010-04-15 at 04:13 AM.