Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrade to 4.0 Beta WITHOUT UDID Activation

Default Upgrade to 4.0 Beta WITHOUT UDID Activation
    I upgraded my iPod touch 3G to 4.0 Beta without having my UDID registered/activated.

I just downloaded the firmware then pressed "Control" + Upgrade in iTunes (on a Mac). My IP address for "Apple Server" may be changed to Saurik's server, but I'm not positive that I did that. So if this doesn't work for you, try changing the address of the Apple Contact Server to Saurik's server (follow these directions: Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)).

Remember to keep your 3.x SHSH on file in case you need to downgrade.

Good luck!
    Last edited by noggin123450; 2010-04-11 at 07:28 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to noggin123450 For This Useful Post:

Freerunnering (2010-04-18)

Didn't work for me?

can you pm me a link to the download
    JB FTW!
    My Themes
    iClass

This doesn`t work!
    Changed the server to saurik by adding the server but itunes still says "unable to activate"..
    After a sleepless night I figured out how to do it and even unlocked the hidden features for the iPhone 3G like multitasking and user wallpaper.

It`s no fake and you don`t have to pay for anything like registering UDIDs or something..I simply used the redsn0w jailbreak to SSH on my device and editet the SystemVersion.plist by deleting two lines identifying the firmware as a beta.

To activate the hidden features I editet the N82AP.plist by adding the parameters multitasking=true and homescreen-wallpaper=true. Wrote an easy to understand guide with all the legal software you need (not the firmware, you need to search for it yourself!) to get it done.

Works for me and includes the new redsn0w beta2 witch solves problems with the 3G network. All the guides trying to customize the .ipsw files are fakes, this is impossible. You can not restore a non-jailbroken device with a custom firmware! You will get errors in iTunes, even if you try reencrypting the file.

So STOP paying for the UDID registrations and do it the way i did it, until now there`s no other guide on the net, this is unique. This is my guide (my nickname is 3asy):

How to REALLY activate iPhone OS 4.0 Beta without UDID Registration by 3asy

Leave a comment here if it worked for you! Took a lot of time to write this guide, don`t waste your time with all the fake guides willing you to work with .ipsws.

To the administrators: Please don`t block me, just finished the guide and want to let the world now how it`s done. I`m not interested in prophit or fame, just can`t sit here and see how the people pay for UDID registration or brick their phones and knowing that it can be done very easy. Click on the Link and you`ll see it`s NOT a fake or Spam..Try it!

It`s a .tk freedomain, sorry for the banner!

Have fun

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iphonesn0w For This Useful Post:

Freerunnering (2010-04-19), metaserph (2010-04-18)

Here's another way to upgrade if my way above does not work: How to Upgrade iPhone 4.0 Firmware without UDID [Tutorial] | iPod Touch Tricks.

Quote Originally Posted by iphonesn0w View Post
    This doesn`t work!
    Changed the server to saurik by adding the server but itunes still says "unable to activate"..
    After a sleepless night I figured out how to do it and even unlocked the hidden features for the iPhone 3G like multitasking and user wallpaper.
    Do you know if that works for people who have different devices? Because the beta redsn0w is only for iPhone 3G.
    Last edited by noggin123450; 2010-04-19 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Why would you want to upgrade right now???
    there have been tons of reports with buggy issues

My guide needs a jailbroken device.

It will start working after there will be a jailbreak for other devices than the 3G avalible, i will add this as soon as it will be there!
    I moved to blogger.com so you can leave comments and there are no banners anymore :-)
    This is the new link to my blog:

You`ll also find guides how to add the cydia sources and repair the blank cydia icon, how to activate homescreen-wallpaper and multitasking on the iPhone 3G, how to change the apple signature server to saurik`s and how to downgrade from the 4.0 Beta.

I am currently working on how to get your custom .ipa apps to work without the hackulo.us method wich isn`t avalible yet so stay tuned,

3asy.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to iphonesn0w For This Useful Post:

noggin123450 (2010-04-20)

Quote Originally Posted by iphonesn0w View Post
    My guide needs a jailbroken device.

It will start working after there will be a jailbreak for other devices than the 3G avalible, i will add this as soon as it will be there!
    I moved to blogger.com so you can leave comments and there are no banners anymore :-)
    This is the new link to my blog:

You`ll also find guides how to add the cydia sources and repair the blank cydia icon, how to activate homescreen-wallpaper and multitasking on the iPhone 3G, how to change the apple signature server to saurik`s and how to downgrade from the 4.0 Beta.

I am currently working on how to get your custom .ipa apps to work without the hackulo.us method wich isn`t avalible yet so stay tuned,

3asy.
    Thanks for adding another way to get 4.0 Beta on iDevices! Do you know if it works with 4.0 Beta 2?

I tried to do this with the new iPhone OS 4.0 Beta2 by working on the redsn0w beta2, read here why it`s currently not working:

Why you can`t use the 3asy UDID bypass guide with the iPhone OS 4.0 Beta2

iPhone? More like MyPhone johnr9412's Avatar
    Thanks

If you're on sauriks server could you update 4.0 on a pc?