Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: testing sdk apps on the device (real iphone) how to ?

Default testing sdk apps on the device (real iphone) how to ?
    If I understand correctly, in order to test your SDK applications on your physical iphone (not the emulator) you need to be approved by apple as a developer member, and thats when you pay the $ 99 usd, right ?

Of course this is the apple way, but, is there already a patch or way to use the aple SDK but take them to your iphone in a different way? any hacks? and will we be able to later distribute SDK apps on the Installer?

Apps generated by the SDK require firmware 1.20 or above and won't work with current phone firmware.

It is too soon to say what we will be able to do (in violation of the SDK agreement) once the firmware is out.
    Last edited by NetMage; 2008-03-15 at 11:22 PM.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 224 Posts

You also Need Certain Apple Certificates To Run The App On Your Phone, Which Apple Provides Once You Get Accepted.

but wait, what about some of the people that already have the new 1.20 firmware, are they able to test out their apps?

I think they do, they are getting way ahead of guys like us that have a ton of ideas, and only a simulator to test them with. I have find a way to load the apps into my iphone but. they never work all the apps does is crash my iphone, I'm working on it to see if could get a hold of iphone 1.2b but I haven't heard from apple and I don't think nobody here ( the guys/gals who actually have it ) want to share it. their answer is they don't want apple to fill in the holes they found? BS if you ask me but what can we do.