Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.1 beta 2 Tapping Album Freezes Phone

Default 3.1 beta 2 Tapping Album Freezes Phone
    So I have a problem. I tried restoring twice with no help. I noticed if I'm playing a song and double tap on the album to bring up the timeline bar, the phone freezes and then after a minute or two it closes out and goes back to the home screen. Can anyone try this to see if you get the same result.

If it keeps happening after a restore, then it is just a bug in the software. 3.0, like 2.0, has many bugs since it is the initial release of a remodeled firmware. Wait for the next release, and hope that Apple fixes it. Also, if you expect anything to work good on a beta firmware, you're wrong. The beta firmwares are not intended for the end user, but for developers. They're slow because they're loaded down with debugging objects everywhere, and they contain experimental software. Please, downgrade to the public release of 3.0. In my opinion, you have no right to complain when you're using(and probably illegally also) a beta firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by gojohnnyboi View Post
    If it keeps happening after a restore, then it is just a bug in the software. 3.0, like 2.0, has many bugs since it is the initial release of a remodeled firmware. Wait for the next release, and hope that Apple fixes it. Also, if you expect anything to work good on a beta firmware, you're wrong. The beta firmwares are not intended for the end user, but for developers. They're slow because they're loaded down with debugging objects everywhere, and they contain experimental software. Please, downgrade to the public release of 3.0. In my opinion, you have no right to complain when you're using(and probably illegally also) a beta firmware.
    First off I know it's beta as I beta test all the time so please don't assume anything. I asked the question just in case some might have some insight as to why that's happening besides it being a beta build. Just because it's beta doesn't mean everything is going to go wrong and not work. Secondly, I'm NOT using my copy illegally so please do not go around accusing people of wrong doing when you know nothing about them. If you can't help then don't post at all. That is all!!!!