Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: cydia not working

Default cydia not working
    Ok so like the title says my cydia is opening for like 5 seconds and then closing. Did some online research and found a couple suggestions that I tried but none of them were success full. I tried just re jail breaking the phone using red snow on the 3.0 fw. I then tried to ssh the phone with winscp, but I havenít installed automatic ssh on my phone through cydia. I have the toggle in boss prefs but when I go to connect it just says network refused. I guess my question is how do I install ssh on my iPhone without cydia? Just as a reference if anyone is having this problem and read this I found this on another site.

This guy clams that they are corrupt updates making cydia crash....
    "Figured it was related to the failed upgrades so I tried to use mobile terminal and dpkg to uninstall the things I had been trying to upgrade. That gave me an error which pointed to corrupt files in /var/lib/dpkg/updates/. I deleted all the numbered files (0000, 0001, 0002 etc) and now everything works again."

Thanks to foob

Thanks

^Yeah, Cydia is having a few problems now; you can always get OpenSSH through Icy if you have it, though.
    Respect your elders.

Default ????????????
    I donít have icy nor does red snow offer that option, maybe I should hit the new hoe to forums and check out purple snow and see if it has the option to install icy.

Thanks

^Redsn0w 0.8 does indeed have the option to install Icy... Try that.
    Respect your elders.

Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    ^Redsn0w 0.8 does indeed have the option to install Icy... Try that.
    I HIGHLY recommend that you stay very far away from Icy. It can interfere with Cydia, and fail to install a lot of packages because the creator(RiP Dev) has failed to implement some of the things that are required to handle the apt packaging files. Cydia may be slow at the moment, but I ensure you that the bugs are being worked on; and even with those bugs, Cydia is the superior application still.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gojohnnyboi View Post
    I HIGHLY recommend that you stay very far away from Icy. It can interfere with Cydia, and fail to install a lot of packages because the creator(RiP Dev) has failed to implement some of the things that are required to handle the apt packaging files. Cydia may be slow at the moment, but I ensure you that the bugs are being worked on; and even with those bugs, Cydia is the superior application still.
    Yeah, I have it installed but I never use it due to those reason, so I've never had any problems, I just thought it could be useful if I ever needed something like this gentleman.
    Respect your elders.

If you used PrplrRn1 from GeoHot, than just open 'Freeze' once again and reinstall Cydia. It will work once again.
    Another great reason to use Geohots jailbreak. Just hide Freeze (dont delete it). That way you can always reuse it if needed.